Ratings Made Easy
Latest News from the Heart of England
Reindeer help Jo's studies...
DZG’s reindeer are helping keeper Jo Turner with her second year studies.
DZG Keeper, Jo Turner, records the daily temperature in the giraffe paddock, as part of her research study. More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Chimps' flipping good time Dudley Zoo...
Dudley Zoo's seven female chimps enjoyed traditional Shrove Tuesday fare when staff whipped up a few pancake treats at the Castle Hill site.
Keeper Stacey Ball flips pancakes over the fence to the waiting chimpanzees. DZG's 19-year-old chimp, Bankia, is loving those Shrove Tueday treats! More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Rare Rothschild giraffe born at Dudley Zoological Gardens...
Introducing Kito, our newborn Rothschild's giraffe who took his first steps in the paddock today.
Two-day-old Rothschild giraffe, Kito, takes his first steps in the paddock at Dudley Zoological Gardens. More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Brill bird boxes...
DZG’s wild birds will have plenty of places to nest this year thanks to the decorating skills of half term visitors.
DZG Birds Section Leader, Kellie Piper, installs some of the painted bird boxes in readiness for the breeding season. More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Tiger Onesie Walk at Dudley Zoological Gardens...
Staff at Dudley Zoological Gardens are stepping out in style to save one of the world’s rarest big cats.
Walk this way for tigers in May: staff at Dudley Zoological Gardens get set for the zoo’s Onesie Walk on May 3 to raise funds for tigers in the wild. More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Meet the tenrecs at Dudley Zoological Gardens...
Two tiny hedgehog lookalikes are settling into a new home in Dudley Zoo’s Discovery Centre.
DZG Presenter, Becky Iwahashi, with one of the tenrecs at DZG’s Discovery Centre More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Welcome to the Black Country...
Love castles, canals and craft. Love the Black Country.
The Black Country was once known as the 'Cradle of the Industrial Revolution' and a visit to the county later you'll certainly know why. The furnaces have long since cooled and the chimneys that forged such progress are now towering monuments. What is left is truly fascinating.
In a single visit you can enjoy glass manufacturing once synonymous with the area at Broadfield House Glass Museum, the Industrial past at the Black Country Living Museum as well as great performances at The Public, a new arts and events centre in West Bromwich and nightlife in Wolverhampton, one of the countries newest cities.
Use the quick finder to the left or navigation above to find these attractions, accommodation, festival and events plus much more.
Events in the Heart of England Have a love affair with your region more
What's On In Black Country
- Festival of Song Date: 26/03/2014Location: Black Country
- From Plots to Plenty Date: 12/04/2014 - 13/04/2014Location: Black Country
- Easter Holiday Activities – ‘Black Country Goes Green’ Date: 12/04/2014 - 27/04/2014Location: Black Country
- Tug Boat Gathering Date: 03/05/2014 - 05/05/2014Location: Black Country
- All in a Day’s Work Date: 23/01/2014 - 05/05/2014Location: Black Country
- Stourbridge Blues Festival Date: 16/05/2014 - 17/05/2014Location: Black Country
- Red by Night Date: 17/05/2014Location: Black Country
- May Half-Term – ‘Sweet and Treat’ Date: 24/05/2014 - 01/06/2014Location: Black Country
- 40 Years of Women Artists Date: 08/03/2014 - 29/06/2014Location: Black Country
- Black Country Weekend Date: 12/07/2014 - 13/07/2014Location: Black Country
- 1940s Weekend and Evening Event Date: 19/07/2014 - 20/07/2014Location: Black Country
- Festival of Black Country Vehicles Date: 27/07/2014Location: Black Country
- Family Summer Night Date: 16/08/2014Location: Black Country
- Black Country Night Date: 13/09/2014Location: Black Country
- Halloween Nights Date: 31/01/2014 - 01/11/2014Location: Black Country