Ratings Made Easy
Latest News from the Heart of England
Parrots' Easter treats...
Parrots are being treated to an eggs-tra nutritious Easter treat at DZG this weekend.
Birds Section Leader, Kellie Piper, delivers some Easter egg treats to Military macaw, Peaches. More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Easter eggs-travaganza at Dudley Zoological Gardens...
There’s plenty of eggs-citement in store at DZG . . . alongside newly-hatched chicks and ducklings in the barn there’s our very own Easter bunny, ten-month-old giant English rabbit, Maisie, plus her four sibling's in the farmyard.
Hoppy Easter! Senior Keeper, Lesley Lewis and giant English rabbit at Dudley Zoological Gardens! More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Makings signs at Dudley Zoological Gardens
New signage across DZG's 40-acre site offers at-a-glance info on more than 200 exotic and endangered species and an insight into the 77-year-old history of one of the country’s busiest zoos.
Makings signs at Dudley Zoological Gardens More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Students' wild time
Dudley College’s Animal Management students have been having a wild time at DZG.
Jessica Hill, aged 18, from Walsall, gets hands-on experience with Lemur Wood's Black and white ruffed lemurs, with Trainee Keeper, Erin Kilmurray - a former Animal Management student. More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
DZG supports English Tourism Week
We're flying the flag for English Tourism Week here at
Dudley Zoological Gardens.
DZG supports English Tourism Week More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Dudley Zoo's Gentle Giant, Joao . . .
With just two days to go before his second birthday, DZG's Sumatran tiger, Joao, has revealed himself to be a gentle giant since translocating from Krefeld Zoo, in Germany.
Dudley Zoological Gardens' male Sumatran tiger, Joao, who marks his second birthday on March 28 More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Welcome to the Black Country...
Love castles, canals and craft. Love the Black Country.
The Black Country was once known as the 'Cradle of the Industrial Revolution' and a visit to the county later you'll certainly know why. The furnaces have long since cooled and the chimneys that forged such progress are now towering monuments. What is left is truly fascinating.
In a single visit you can enjoy glass manufacturing once synonymous with the area at Broadfield House Glass Museum, the Industrial past at the Black Country Living Museum as well as great performances at The Public, a new arts and events centre in West Bromwich and nightlife in Wolverhampton, one of the countries newest cities.
Use the quick finder to the left or navigation above to find these attractions, accommodation, festival and events plus much more.
Events in the Heart of England Have a love affair with your region more
What's On In Black Country
- Easter Holiday Activities – ‘Black Country Goes Green’ Date: 12/04/2014 - 27/04/2014Location: Black Country
- Tug Boat Gathering Date: 03/05/2014 - 05/05/2014Location: Black Country
- All in a Day’s Work Date: 23/01/2014 - 05/05/2014Location: Black Country
- Stourbridge Blues Festival Date: 16/05/2014 - 17/05/2014Location: Black Country
- Red by Night Date: 17/05/2014Location: Black Country
- May Half-Term – ‘Sweet and Treat’ Date: 24/05/2014 - 01/06/2014Location: Black Country
- 40 Years of Women Artists Date: 08/03/2014 - 29/06/2014Location: Black Country
- Black Country Weekend Date: 12/07/2014 - 13/07/2014Location: Black Country
- 1940s Weekend and Evening Event Date: 19/07/2014 - 20/07/2014Location: Black Country
- Festival of Black Country Vehicles Date: 27/07/2014Location: Black Country
- Family Summer Night Date: 16/08/2014Location: Black Country
- Black Country Night Date: 13/09/2014Location: Black Country
- Halloween Nights Date: 31/01/2014 - 01/11/2014Location: Black Country