Ratings Made Easy
Latest News from the Heart of England
Halloween and October half-term school holidays family events at the Ironbridge Gorge Museums, Shropshire
Families who visit Blists Hill Victorian Town, near Ironbridge between 22nd and 30th October are invited to follow a Victorian ghost story trail around the historic streets. Discover how famous authors of the time, including Charles Dickens, wrote hugely popular works about spirits, ghosts, fog-shrouded graves and mysterious reflections appearing in mirrors. Some of the most famous stories will be included in the spooky trail. Having whet your appetite for ghoulish tales, each afternoon during the half term break the Prince Albert Players will be performing spooky scenes from Sweeney Todd along with Shropshire ghost stories.
More information from Ironbridge Gorge Museums›
Hatton Adventure World within the West Midlands is to host its popular annual “Pumpkin Week” from 22 – 30 October.
Children can visit the popular family attraction to pick their own free pumpkin, carve it in the spooky decorated themed Marquee and then enter the best carved pumpkin competition to win a host of prizes.
More information from Hatton Adventure World ›
Giant stained glass images to be projected onto Shrewsbury Museum & Art Gallery
Giant images of stained glass works by Shrewsbury-born artist Margaret Rope will be projected onto the front of the town’s Museum & Art Gallery on the evening of Tuesday 25 October between 7pm and 9pm.
More information from Shrewsbury Museum & Art Gallery›
Creepy crafts at Cosford this Halloween!
October half term is almost upon us and this year the Royal Air Force Museum Cosford has a range of devilish Halloween crafts for your little monsters to take part in. These spookily creative activities cost just £1 each and will run from 24-28 October between 11.30am and 3pm with all materials provided by the museum.
More information from Royal Air Force Museum Cosford›
Follow a Victorian ghost story trail at Blists Hill Victorian Town half-term 22nd - 30th October
Families who visit Blists Hill Victorian Town, near Ironbridge between 22nd and 30th October are invited to follow a Victorian ghost story trail around the historic streets. Discover how famous authors of the time, including Charles Dickens, wrote hugely popular works about spirits, ghosts, fog-shrouded graves and mysterious reflections appearing in mirrors. Some of the most famous stories will be included in the spooky trail.
More information from Blists Hill Victorian Town›
Aztec weekend returns to Cadbury World
Cadbury World is set to turn up the heat next weekend, as Aztec Weekend returns from Saturday 8th – Sunday 9th October.
More information from Cadbury World›
Welcome to Ironbridge & Shropshire...
Love the slow life. Love Shropshire.
You would think, wouldn't you, that the county in which the modern Olympic movement was founded (in a town called Much Wenlock) would be prone to being boastful. That the county would have a giant sign saying 'Birthplace of Darwin'. Or it would never stop broadcasting the fact that the Industrial Revolution began here in the workshops and forges of Ironbridge.
But this wouldn't be very Shropshire-like. This is a gentle, unspoiled place inhabited by warm, welcoming people who must wake up most days grinning at their good fortune.
Shropshire is located to the west of the region bordering Wales, and really feels like it's off the beaten track. It's full of fresh clean air and green open spaces. You'll discover the county town of Shrewsbury (birthplace of Darwin), half timbered buildings, little independent shops and tea rooms. Not a single mega store.
Meanwhile, and not too far away, there is Ludlow. Recently named the greatest town in Britain and England's finest market town - it's famous for its country events and excellent food, and home to an enchanting castle.
Use the quick finder to the left or navigation above to find these attractions, accommodation, festival and events plus much more.
Events in the Heart of England Have a love affair with your region more
What's On In Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Ghostly Gaslight Date: 29/10/2016Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Halloween Spooktacular Date: 22/10/2016 - 30/10/2016Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Spooky Treasure Hunt Date: 24/10/2016 - 31/10/2016Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Fireworks Night Date: 05/11/2016Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Singing Weekend: The Younguns Date: 25/11/2016 - 27/11/2016Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Victorian Christmas Date: 03/12/2016 - 04/12/2016Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Victorian Christmas Date: 10/12/2016 - 11/12/2016Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Christmas: The Shropshire Santa Experience Date: 28/11/2016 - 24/12/2016Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Car Rallies at Cosford 2016 Date: 01/01/2016 - 31/12/2016Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Cinderella Date: 30/11/2016 - 08/01/2017Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Exihibition 'Heavenly Lights' the untold story of Shrewsbury stained glass artist Margaret Agnes Rope Date: 12/09/2016 - 15/01/2017Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Design & Desire – The Great Exhibition of 1851 Date: 01/02/2016 - 24/02/2017Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire
- Design and Desire: The Great Exhibition of 1851 Date: 21/03/2016 - 24/02/2017Location: Ironbridge & Shropshire