Latest News from the Heart of England
It’s set to be an exciting 2017 for Dudley Zoological Gardens as they celebrate their 80th anniversary!
They have plenty planned to mark the occasion with a £345,000 redevelopment of several enclosures and celebratory events throughout the coming year.
More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
The National Sea Life Centre Birmingham says ‘Velkommen’ to nine new Gentoo penguins
Christmas came early for The National Sea Life Centre Birmingham, as the attraction welcomed nine new eager Gentoo penguins from Billund, Denmark who travelled an impressive 1,407 kilometres and eventually waddled happily into their new Midlands home.
More information from The National Sea Life Centre›
Discover the magic of Shakespeare's England in 2017!
Discover Shakespeare’s England in 2017 and enjoy a host of exciting events and activities for all the family. See four of Shakespeare’s great political thrillers by the Royal Shakespeare Company, have a go at wake-boarding at a new purpose built track, wander around new exhibitions and take part in a variety of festivals. Make 2017 the year you discover the magic of Shakespeare’s England.
More information from Stratford-on-Avon News›
Enchanted Christmas Kingdom returns to Hatton Adventure World!
‘Enchanted Christmas Kingdom’ returns to Hatton Adventure World in Warwickshire every weekend from 26 November – 24 December and then each day from 19 – 23 December. Visitors of all ages can experience a magical Christmas plus see Father Christmas in his Grotto. Well behaved children will receive a Golden Key to unlock his workshop and then choose their own present from the vast range of high quality gifts in the toyshop. With the ‘All Day Festive Entertainment Package’, Hatton has all the special components needed for a truly fairy-tale Christmas this year.
More information from Hatton Adventure World ›
Spectacular Family Fireworks at Blists Hill Victorian Town Saturday 5th November
See the night sky spectacularly lit up over Blists Hill Victorian Town, near Ironbridge on Saturday evening, 5th November when the townsfolk will be celebrating Guy Fawkes’ foiled Gunpowder Plot with a fantastic family fireworks display.
More information from Ironbridge Gorge Museums›
‘Every little helps’ make your trip to museum easier!
The Royal Air Force Museum Cosford are making days out at the museum as stress free as possible for parents, with a little help from Tesco!
More information from Royal Air Force Museum Cosford›
Welcome to Staffordshire...
Love adventure, nature and culture. Love Staffordshire.
Staffordshire is also brimming with culture. Did you know that it's home to the only china fit for a Royal dinner party? The world's greatest pottery manufacturers, including Royal Doulton, Spode and Portmeirion are based in Staffordshire.
Don't forget to see the panorama of Cannock Chase - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and take brisk bracing walks in the Peak District National park.
Use the quick finder to the left or navigation above to find these attractions, accommodation, festival and events plus much more.
Events in the Heart of England Have a love affair with your region more
What's On In Staffordshire
- 6 Course Tasting Dinner Date: 03/02/2017Location: Staffordshire
- Valentine's Fine Dining Date: 14/02/2017Location: Staffordshire
- Valentine’s – Friday 10th, Saturday 11th, Sunday 12th & Tuesday Date: 10/02/2017 - 14/02/2017Location: Staffordshire
- Castle Quest Date: 20/02/2017 - 26/02/2017Location: Staffordshire
- Dr D's Science Club Date: 10/09/2016 - 11/03/2017Location: Staffordshire
- 6 Course Tasting Dinner Date: 17/03/2017Location: Staffordshire
- Comedy Night Date: 18/03/2017Location: Staffordshire
- Mother's Day Lunch Date: 26/03/2017Location: Staffordshire
- 6 Course Tasting Dinner Date: 07/04/2017Location: Staffordshire
- Prosecco Tasting Date: 08/04/2017Location: Staffordshire
- Egg Hunt Date: 08/04/2017 - 21/04/2017Location: Staffordshire
- 6 Course Tasting Dinner Date: 05/05/2017Location: Staffordshire
- Black Tie Charity Auction Night Date: 06/05/2017Location: Staffordshire