Latest News from the Heart of England
Halloween and October half-term school holidays family events at the Ironbridge Gorge Museums, Shropshire
Families who visit Blists Hill Victorian Town, near Ironbridge between 22nd and 30th October are invited to follow a Victorian ghost story trail around the historic streets. Discover how famous authors of the time, including Charles Dickens, wrote hugely popular works about spirits, ghosts, fog-shrouded graves and mysterious reflections appearing in mirrors. Some of the most famous stories will be included in the spooky trail. Having whet your appetite for ghoulish tales, each afternoon during the half term break the Prince Albert Players will be performing spooky scenes from Sweeney Todd along with Shropshire ghost stories.
More information from Ironbridge Gorge Museums›
Hatton Adventure World within the West Midlands is to host its popular annual “Pumpkin Week” from 22 – 30 October.
Children can visit the popular family attraction to pick their own free pumpkin, carve it in the spooky decorated themed Marquee and then enter the best carved pumpkin competition to win a host of prizes.
More information from Hatton Adventure World ›
Giant stained glass images to be projected onto Shrewsbury Museum & Art Gallery
Giant images of stained glass works by Shrewsbury-born artist Margaret Rope will be projected onto the front of the town’s Museum & Art Gallery on the evening of Tuesday 25 October between 7pm and 9pm.
More information from Shrewsbury Museum & Art Gallery›
DZG staff had a sneak peak at Dudley Museum and Art Gallery’s new wildlife exhibition.
The autumn display, entitled ‘A Brush with Nature’ features 126 pieces of work by members of The Wildlife Art Society International, who visited the Castle Hill zoological attraction in the summer to take inspiration from some of the 1,500 strong exotic animal collection.
More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
We’re gearing up for a spook-tacular Halloween at Dudley Zoological Gardens!
Brave young souls are invited to join us for our children’s Hocus Pocus evenings on Thursday, October 27 and Friday, October 28, where there’ll be close encounters with a variety of creepy critters including snakes, spiders and cockroaches.
More information from Dudley Zoological Gardens›
Drayton Manor Zoo becomes a full member of the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria
Drayton Manor Zoo, part of the award winning Drayton Manor Park in Staffordshire, is now a full member of the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA), positioning it alongside some of Europe’s best zoos.
More information from Drayton Manor Park›
Welcome to Staffordshire...
Love adventure, nature and culture. Love Staffordshire.
Staffordshire is also brimming with culture. Did you know that it's home to the only china fit for a Royal dinner party? The world's greatest pottery manufacturers, including Royal Doulton, Spode and Portmeirion are based in Staffordshire.
Don't forget to see the panorama of Cannock Chase - an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and take brisk bracing walks in the Peak District National park.
Use the quick finder to the left or navigation above to find these attractions, accommodation, festival and events plus much more.
Events in the Heart of England Have a love affair with your region more
What's On In Staffordshire
- An Evening with Lola Lamour - Friday 28th October 2016 Date: 28/10/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Haunted Castle Date: 24/10/2016 - 28/10/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Children's Halloween Evening Date: 29/10/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Halloween Date: 29/10/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Chills and Thrills at Monkey Forest Date: 24/10/2016 - 30/10/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Fireworks and Laser Spectacular Date: 28/10/2016 - 30/10/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Ghost Search Date: 31/10/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Scarefest Date: 08/10/2016 - 31/10/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Murder Mystery Evening – Friday 4th November 2016 Date: 04/11/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Bonfire Night Date: 05/11/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Ultimate Fireworks Spectacular Date: 05/11/2016 - 06/11/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Castle by Candlelight Date: 12/11/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Lunar Lecture Date: 14/11/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Christmas Flower Arranging Demonstrations – 22nd, 23rd, 29th & 30th November from 10.30am until 3pm Date: 22/11/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Murder Mystery Evening – Friday 25th November 2016 Date: 25/11/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Christmas Tudor Banquet Date: 03/12/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Christmas Voices – Sunday 4th, Monday 5th & Tuesday 6th December Date: 04/12/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Murder Mystery Evening – Thursday 8th December 2016 Date: 08/12/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Dr Darwin's 285th Birthday Date: 10/12/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Children's Victorian Santa Trails Date: 10/12/2016 - 11/12/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Cellar Tours Date: 03/09/2016 - 17/12/2016Location: Staffordshire
- Dr D's Science Club Date: 10/09/2016 - 11/03/2017Location: Staffordshire