Latest News from the Heart of England
St George's Day Mummers, Merriment and Masquerade
The tale of Saint George and the Dragon will be told with gusto at The Commandery, with a weekend of merry mummer's plays and family entertainment.
St George fights the dragon in The Commandery mummers play More information from The Commandery›
Drayton Manor Park has Easter cracked with some eggs-ellent activities for visitors of all ages
Drayton Manor Park has Easter cracked with some eggs-ellent activities for visitors of all ages between Saturday 8th and Sunday 23rd April. If you’re looking for somewhere to entertain the kids and make memories together this Easter holiday then hop along to Drayton Manor Park right in the heart of the UK. The park’s special Easter trail is fun for all the family, twisting and turning around the park there are clues to find and solve along the way to earn an egg-stra special Easter treat.
More information from Drayton Manor Park›
Stratford Butterfly Farm welcomes new residents for Easter!
The Stratford-upon-Avon Butterfly Farm is welcoming some new residents in time for the Easter holidays. A number of Mexican Walking Fish, called Axolotls, have taken up residence at the UK’s largest Butterfly Farm. Resembling a cross between a fish and a lizard, the Pokémon character “Wooper” has been designed to look like an Axolotl! They are unusual amphibians as they do not complete metamorphosis. If, on rare occasions metamorphosis is complete they become Mexican Fire Salamanders. Rather than developing lungs and taking to land, they remain aquatic and have external gills.
More information from Stratford-upon-Avon Butterfly Farm›
A Very Victorian Easter - Sat 15th – Mon 17th April 11am – 5pm
Hill Close Gardens, overlooking Warwick racecourse, is the perfect setting for Easter celebrations. Heritage daffodils, as well as primroses, cowslips and other spring flowers are dotted around the sixteen individual plots that make up these unique restored gardens. From April 15th - 17th, in tribute to the Victorian heritage of the gardens, visitors can enjoy a special Victorian Easter.
More information from Hill Close Gardens›
Hatton welcomes the arrival of new spring born animals!
Hatton Adventure World will host its annual “Spring Spectacular” from 8 – 23 April when the popular family attraction welcomes its extended family of new spring born animals.
More information from Hatton Adventure World ›
Drayton Manor Park, home to Europe’s only Thomas Land™, is set to host a very special bedtime story on Friday 31st March, read by the Fat Controller himself.
The eve before the shiny red engine James gets his very own ride, Thomas & Friends fans from across the UK are invited to pull on their pjs, snuggle down and tune into the story behind the ride in the attraction’s first Facebook LIVE bedtime story.
More information from Drayton Manor Park›
Welcome to Worcestershire...
This is the place for you if you prefer to take the scenic route.
It is the county that inspired England's greatest composer, Sir Edward Elgar. So what could be more English than this?
The county that is dominated by the rise and fall of the Malvern Hills is also peppered by pretty market towns like Pershore, Droitwich Spa, Tenbury Wells and Evesham.
Cultural overload? Blow off the cobwebs on a forest trail in the Wyre Forest District. Or take to the water in a canoe or narrowboat. Or, if you fish, get down to the banks of the Severn, Britain's longest river.
Use the quick finder to the left or navigation above to find these attractions, accommodation, festival and events plus much more.
Events in the Heart of England Have a love affair with your region more
What's On In Worcestershire
- Dunstall Castle open day Date: 14/05/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Museum after Hours Date: 19/05/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Oak Apple Weekend Date: 27/05/2017 - 29/05/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 31/05/2017Location: Worcestershire
- David Cox and his Contemporaries Date: 11/02/2017 - 03/06/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Become a Croome Explorer trail Date: 27/05/2017 - 04/06/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 15/06/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Dunstall Castle open day Date: 28/06/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 09/07/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Dunstall Castle open day Date: 29/07/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Become a Tree Explorer trail Date: 22/07/2017 - 13/08/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 18/08/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Become a Flower Explorer Date: 14/08/2017 - 03/09/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Dunstall Castle open day Date: 06/09/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 27/09/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Enquiring Minds Date: 14/01/2017 - 11/11/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Conservation in Action at Croome Date: 01/01/2017 - 31/12/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Functions Date: 28/09/2016 - 31/12/2018Location: Worcestershire
- Weddings Date: 28/09/2016 - 31/12/2018Location: Worcestershire
- Sunday Carvery Date: 28/09/2016 - 31/12/2018Location: Worcestershire
- BBC Big Band ‘Swing Legends’ Date: 16/03/2016 - 16/03/2106Location: Worcestershire
- Armonico Consort: Bach ‘The Wedding Cantata' Date: 19/03/2016 - 19/03/2106Location: Worcestershire
- Jethro ’16 Date: 01/04/2016 - 01/04/2106Location: Worcestershire
- 3 Days and 3 Minutes with Larry Date: 29/04/2016 - 30/04/2106Location: Worcestershire