Latest News from the Heart of England
Afternoon Tea treat for mums at Cadbury World this Mother’s Day
There’s no better place to take chocolate-loving mums this Mother’s Day, with Afternoon Tea and more to enjoy at Cadbury World on Sunday 26th March.
More information from Cadbury World›
Free admission to Ironbridge Gorge Museums for mothers on Mothering Sunday 26th March
As part of their 50th Anniversary celebrations The Ironbridge Gorge Museums are inviting mums to enjoy a day out as their guest at five of their sites on Mothering Sunday, 26th March, when accompanied by another full-paying adult. This free entry offer includes Blists Hill Victorian Town, Coalport China Museum, Tar Tunnel, Jackfield Tile Museum, Museum of The Gorge, the Darby Houses and Enginuity.
More information from Ironbridge Gorge Museums›
Celebrate a cracking great Easter with a host of fun activities for all the family in Shakespeare’s England from 8 - 23 April.
Search for clues to win chocolate prizes with Easter trails and egg hunts, make an Easter bonnet, wander around spring gardens or simply enjoy a traditional Easter lunch with friends and family.Visitors can enjoy a host of events across the five Shakespeare Family Homes. Join the curious creatures at Zoolab’s Tudor Workshop at Mary Arden’s Farm, build and fly a kite at Anne Hathaway’s Cottage and create a finger puppet show at Shakespeare’s New Place. Take part in an Easter Rabbit Hunt at Hall’s Croft and explore the house and gardens to find William Rabbit. The Hunt is on at Shakespeare’s Birthplace! Track down the treasure with the help of music, comedy and fun with the in house acting troop, Shakespeare Aloud!
More information from Stratford-on-Avon News›
An exciting new initiative "What is the road ahead for the British Motor Industry"?
Spend a day exploring the future of the British motor industry on Saturday 25 March from 9.45am – 5pm at the British Motor Museum. Appealing to everyone who has a passion for motoring, this day of short lectures will shed light on the current position and what we can expect in the future. The event will appeal to enthusiasts, students and automotive professionals.
More information from British Motor Museum›
Ironbridge Gorge Museums celebrate 50th anniversary and opening of refurbished Museum of Iron
2017 is going to be a significant year of anniversaries for Shropshire’s Ironbridge Gorge Museums as its not only 50 years since the founding of the Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust in 1967, but also 300 years since the death of Abraham Darby I, widely recognised as the man who started the Industrial Revolution.
More information from Ironbridge Gorge Museums›
New surface for well trodden path
A National Trust parkland near Worcester has raised over £16,000 to help fund badly needed repairs of one of their busiest pathways. In only eight months, over 8,000 raffle tickets were sold which funded the installation of a well trodden path at Croome.
More information from Croome (National Trust)›
Welcome to Worcestershire...
This is the place for you if you prefer to take the scenic route.
It is the county that inspired England's greatest composer, Sir Edward Elgar. So what could be more English than this?
The county that is dominated by the rise and fall of the Malvern Hills is also peppered by pretty market towns like Pershore, Droitwich Spa, Tenbury Wells and Evesham.
Cultural overload? Blow off the cobwebs on a forest trail in the Wyre Forest District. Or take to the water in a canoe or narrowboat. Or, if you fish, get down to the banks of the Severn, Britain's longest river.
Use the quick finder to the left or navigation above to find these attractions, accommodation, festival and events plus much more.
Events in the Heart of England Have a love affair with your region more
What's On In Worcestershire
- The Great British Dog Walk at Croome Date: 25/03/2017Location: Worcestershire
- FREE Glass of Prosecco for Mums on Mother’s Day!* Date: 26/03/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Forestry Mini-Adventure Club (Under 5s Preschool Group) Date: 02/03/2017 - 06/04/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 22/04/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Kids Go Free* This Easter Holiday Date: 08/04/2017 - 23/04/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Dunstall Castle open day Date: 14/05/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 31/05/2017Location: Worcestershire
- David Cox and his Contemporaries Date: 11/02/2017 - 03/06/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Become a Croome Explorer trail Date: 27/05/2017 - 04/06/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 15/06/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Dunstall Castle open day Date: 28/06/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 09/07/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Dunstall Castle open day Date: 30/07/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Become a Tree Explorer trail Date: 22/07/2017 - 13/08/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 18/08/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Become a Flower Explorer Date: 14/08/2017 - 03/09/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Dunstall Castle open day Date: 06/09/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Panorama Tower Open Day Date: 27/09/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Enquiring Minds Date: 14/01/2017 - 11/11/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Conservation in Action at Croome Date: 01/01/2017 - 31/12/2017Location: Worcestershire
- Functions Date: 28/09/2016 - 31/12/2018Location: Worcestershire
- Weddings Date: 28/09/2016 - 31/12/2018Location: Worcestershire
- Sunday Carvery Date: 28/09/2016 - 31/12/2018Location: Worcestershire
- BBC Big Band ‘Swing Legends’ Date: 16/03/2016 - 16/03/2106Location: Worcestershire
- Armonico Consort: Bach ‘The Wedding Cantata' Date: 19/03/2016 - 19/03/2106Location: Worcestershire
- Jethro ’16 Date: 01/04/2016 - 01/04/2106Location: Worcestershire
- 3 Days and 3 Minutes with Larry Date: 29/04/2016 - 30/04/2106Location: Worcestershire