Latest News from the Heart of England
Madagascan Comet Moths make their first appearance at Stratford Butterfly Farm!
A number of stunning Madagascan Comet Moths have made their first appearance at the refurbished Stratford Butterfly Farm.
More information from Stratford-upon-Avon Butterfly Farm›
Halloween and October half-term school holidays family events at the Ironbridge Gorge Museums, Shropshire
Families who visit Blists Hill Victorian Town, near Ironbridge between 22nd and 30th October are invited to follow a Victorian ghost story trail around the historic streets. Discover how famous authors of the time, including Charles Dickens, wrote hugely popular works about spirits, ghosts, fog-shrouded graves and mysterious reflections appearing in mirrors. Some of the most famous stories will be included in the spooky trail. Having whet your appetite for ghoulish tales, each afternoon during the half term break the Prince Albert Players will be performing spooky scenes from Sweeney Todd along with Shropshire ghost stories.
More information from Ironbridge Gorge Museums›
Return of the urn
After many years of neglect, an urn which was erected as a memorial to George William 6th Earl of Coventry, will once again proudly stand in the parkland at Croome, near Worcester.
More information from Croome (National Trust)›
Hatton Adventure World within the West Midlands is to host its popular annual “Pumpkin Week” from 22 – 30 October.
Children can visit the popular family attraction to pick their own free pumpkin, carve it in the spooky decorated themed Marquee and then enter the best carved pumpkin competition to win a host of prizes.
More information from Hatton Adventure World ›
Half Term ‘Spooky Root House Trail’ at the Gardens
Join us at the award winning Spetchley Park Gardens in Worcester for a spooktacular October half term. Follow the pumpkin trail around 30 acres of beautiful Gardens, reveal the haunted code and enter the Spooky Root House – dare you pick up the token to collect your treat? After all the fun why not relax in our Tea Room and enjoy a selection of delicious soups, cakes and haunted biscuits. Entry to the Gardens is FREE for children during half term and the trail costs £1 per person.
More information from Spetchley Park Gardens›
British Motor Museum -100 large model aircraft go on display at popular show
Model aircraft enthusiasts will be able to view and admire over 100 large static radio controlled model aircraft at the annual ‘Large Model Aircraft Show’. The show, now in its 8th year, takes place on Sunday 23 October at the British Motor Museum.
More information from British Motor Museum›
Welcome to Worcestershire...
This is the place for you if you prefer to take the scenic route.
It is the county that inspired England's greatest composer, Sir Edward Elgar. So what could be more English than this?
The county that is dominated by the rise and fall of the Malvern Hills is also peppered by pretty market towns like Pershore, Droitwich Spa, Tenbury Wells and Evesham.
Cultural overload? Blow off the cobwebs on a forest trail in the Wyre Forest District. Or take to the water in a canoe or narrowboat. Or, if you fish, get down to the banks of the Severn, Britain's longest river.
Use the quick finder to the left or navigation above to find these attractions, accommodation, festival and events plus much more.
Events in the Heart of England Have a love affair with your region more
What's On In Worcestershire
- Croome After Dark - Walk Date: 27/10/2016Location: Worcestershire
- Halloween Happenings Date: 25/10/2016 - 28/10/2016Location: Worcestershire
- Perilous Perambulations - The Commandery Halloween Ghost Walk Date: 29/10/2016Location: Worcestershire
- Puritans and Poppets Date: 29/10/2016 - 30/10/2016Location: Worcestershire
- The Walled Garden at Croome Date: 25/03/2016 - 30/10/2016Location: Worcestershire
- Embroiderer's Guild Exhibition Date: 11/04/2016 - 30/10/2016Location: Worcestershire
- Jeremy Deller: The Battle of Orgreave Date: 17/09/2016 - 26/11/2016Location: Worcestershire
- Fabulous Festivities Across the Ages Date: 26/11/2016Location: Worcestershire
- Christmas 2016 Date: 01/12/2016 - 25/12/2016Location: Worcestershire
- Functions Date: 28/09/2016 - 31/12/2018Location: Worcestershire
- Weddings Date: 28/09/2016 - 31/12/2018Location: Worcestershire
- Sunday Carvery Date: 28/09/2016 - 31/12/2018Location: Worcestershire
- BBC Big Band ‘Swing Legends’ Date: 16/03/2016 - 16/03/2106Location: Worcestershire
- Armonico Consort: Bach ‘The Wedding Cantata' Date: 19/03/2016 - 19/03/2106Location: Worcestershire
- Jethro ’16 Date: 01/04/2016 - 01/04/2106Location: Worcestershire
- 3 Days and 3 Minutes with Larry Date: 29/04/2016 - 30/04/2106Location: Worcestershire