Places to Stay
Sandwell Arts Trust
The Public is an exciting creative community, cultural, and business space in the heart of West Bromwich.
The fantastic multi-use centre designed by world renowned architects Will Alsop and Julian Flannery, provides versatile spaces for people to get together for virtually any purpose – cultural and educational exhibitions, live performances, social relaxation, community activities and clubs and major corporate or entertainment events.
Throughout the year, visitors of all ages are treated to a jam-packed and fun-filled programme of entertaining workshops and activities to excite, delight, and amaze. Whether you’re interested in dance, art, music, graphics, photography or learning the tricks of the trade – you’ll find it at The Public!
If you're a fan of performing arts, The Public is a great venue to enjoy a live show or gig. Throughout the week a exciting array of live bands, from jazz to rock, motown to reggae, top comedians and enthralling theatrical performances entertain the crowds as they grace the stage. As well as showcasing a variety of nationally and internationally renowned artists, you'll be able to watch local enthusiasts demonstrating their creative talent at the inspiring art centre.
As well as a hosting a variety of events and activities, The Public is the perfect place to relax and watch the world go by. Grab a bite to eat at Couture, located on the ground floor of the building, and tuck in to a range of freshly-cooked hot meals, sandwiches and other snacks all sourced from local ingredients.
For more information about events at The Public visit www.thepublic.com or call 0121 533 7161.
We’re about a mile from Junction 1 of the M5, in West Bromwich town centre. There are plenty of car parks close to the venue, the nearest car park is less than a 30 second walk from the building! There is disabled parking on New Street adjacent to The Public along with a drop off point at the entrance to the building.
By Public Transport
West Bromwich is served by very good public transport links including the metro from Birmingham and Wolverhampton. Bus routes from all over the West Midlands stop at West Bromwich bus station a few minutes walk from The Public and it is just a five-minute bus or taxi ride from Sandwell & Dudley railway station. If you take the metro, get off at West Bromwich Central and follow the pink signs to the building. For information on buses, trains and metro across the West Midlands please call Traveline on 0121 200 2700
Sandwell Arts Trust facilities include:
- Dogs restrictions
- First aid facilities
- In town/city centre
- Indoor event/attraction
- Smoking not permitted
- Demonstrations given
- Guided tours available for groups
- Guided tours available for individuals
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Off site parking
Sandwell Arts Trust accessibility includes:
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage throughout attraction, eg colour contrast, large letters, pictograms
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Effective lighting throughout attraction for visually impaired visitors
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Good colour/tonal contrast throughout attraction, eg doors contrast with floor/walls
- Handrail by ramp
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in large print
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
Contact - Sandwell Arts Trust
Nearby and Related Items
The Alison Nicholas Golf Academy
Alison Nicholas Golf Academy B'ham:Top quality Srixon Golf Balls are used on the 58 bay double decker floodlit range and lessons are available throughout the week from a team of three Golf Professionals.For details: www.thehostcorporation.c