- Animal-Centred Attraction (9)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (29)
- Breweries & Vineyards (2)
- Gardens of the Heart (23)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (23)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (21)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (14)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (16)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (3)
- Sightseeing & Transport (7)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (13)
- Theme Parks (13)
- Workplace (4)
Ratings Made Easy
Tutbury Castle sits on wooded slopes overlooking the winding River Dove, with spectacular views across several counties and the Peak District. Occupied since the Stone Age the Castle is first recorded in 1071 as one of the new castles built to stamp the authority of the Norman conquerors across the midlands. Since then the Castle has played an important part in English history on many occasions, in warfare and peace, including being the prison of Mary Queen of Scots on several occasions.
Weddings, Historical Speakers and Re-enactors, Events, Craft Fairs and Ghost Hunts are available.
Tutbury Castle facilities include:
Tutbury Castle accessibility includes:
Contact - Tutbury Castle
Nearby and Related Items
National Forest Adventure Farm
The National Forest Adventure Farm near Burton upon Trent offers exciting indoor play, outdoor play and farm animals. Open daily from 10am till 6pm, except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day, the Farm hosts many events during the year, including, during the summer months, one of the largest themed Maize Mazes in Europe.
National Memorial Arboretum
The National Memorial Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance; a spiritually uplifting place with 150 acres of trees and memorials, planted as a living tribute to those who have served, died or suffered in the service of their Country. Facilities include: Visitor Centre, guided tours, shop and café.