- Animal-Centred Attraction (41)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (172)
- Breweries & Vineyards (11)
- Gardens of the Heart (94)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (169)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (175)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (69)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (53)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (15)
- Sightseeing & Transport (49)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (85)
- Theme Parks (37)
- Workplace (14)
Ratings Made Easy
Special Offer KIDS GO FREE voucher for KIDS GO FREE ›
Royal Shakespeare Theatre
Tel : 01789 403493
Stratford-upon-Avon is home to the Royal Shakespeare Company, one of the world's best-known theatre ensembles, which performs works by Shakespeare, other renaissance dramatists and contemporary writers all year round. We create theatre at its best, made in Stratford-upon-Avon and shared around the world.
The RSC’s theatres in Stratford comprise of three auditoria: the 1,000 seater Royal Shakespeare Theatre, the Swan Theatre and the Studio Theatre at The Other Place.
We offer more than just shows, you can take a trip up the viewing tower to enjoy views of Shakespeare's home town, explore the history of the building on a theatre tour. Experience the magic of 100 years of theatre making in our interactive family friendly exhibition, The Play’s the Thing and enjoy our free family activities all year round. Take in the fabulous views and enjoy stunning food and cocktails in the Rooftop Restaurant, or for a lighter bite try one of our freshly baked cakes and coffee in one of our cafes.
To find out more and see what's on visit rsc.org.uk
Stratford-upon-Avon is a short drive from Junction 15 of the M40, giving good access to the M42, M5, M6 and M25. Our postcode is CV37 6BB. There is a large choice of fee-charging car parks in Stratford-upon-Avon.
By Public Transport
You can travel directly to Stratford-upon-Avon train station from Birmingham (Snow Hill or Moor Street stations) and London Marylebone (via Warwick, Warwick Parkway, Leamington Spa, Banbury and Bicester North). Taxis are available at Warwick and Leamington Spa stations. For details of local bus services from Birmingham to Stratford-upon-Avon please ring 0870 608 2608. For local bus services from Oxford please ring 08705 808 080.
Royal Shakespeare Theatre facilities include:
- In town/city centre
- Indoor event/attraction
- Smoking not permitted
- Guided tours available for groups
- Guided tours available for individuals
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Group discounts available (min group size)
- Groups accepted
- Special group rates
Royal Shakespeare Theatre accessibility includes:
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage throughout attraction, eg colour contrast, large letters, pictograms
- Contrast markings on glass doors and full-height windows
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Effective lighting throughout attraction for visually impaired visitors
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Good colour/tonal contrast throughout attraction, eg doors contrast with floor/walls
- Handrail by ramp
- Handrail by steps
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in audio format
- Information available in large print
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
Contact - Royal Shakespeare Theatre
Nearby and Related Items
Stratford Town Ghost Walk
Stratford Town Ghost Walk every Saturday at 7.30pm Halloween Walk on 31 October Private Walks Sun-Fri Additional walks during school holidays Winner of a Pride of Stratford Award, Godiva Award and Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 'A Must do" "Fantastic evening entertainment"
The Bear Pit Theatre
Rother Street is home to the The Bear Pit Theatre @ the United Reformed Church. It is Stratford-upon-Avon’s first ‘little theatre’ with an accessible one hundred seat auditorium and bar facilities; producing and hosting productions and events throughout the year. The Bear Pit is a voluntary organisation founded in 2008 with the purpose of bringing together the Visual and Performing Arts groups based in the town. The Bear Pit firmly believes that with all the groups working together, we can encourage the arts to flourish in this beautiful Warwickshire town.
Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
This is where the Shakespeare story began. As the house where William Shakespeare was born and grew up, Shakespeare's Birthplace has been welcoming visitors for over 250 years. Shakespeare also spent the first five years of married life in this house with his new wife, Anne Hathaway. Be inspired by theatrical performances, take part in family activities, events and festivals and step back in time with our resident Tudors. Explore, enjoy and be surprised by Shakespeare and his fascinating life story, whatever your age.
The MAD Museum
Experience the imagination of marvellous minds! The MAD (Mechanical Art and Design) Museum is the only specialist attraction of its kind in the UK. Based in Stratford upon Avon, the museum was launched in March 2012 and showcases the world’s finest pieces of Kinetic Art and Automata from pioneering artists from all over the world.