- Animal-Centred Attraction (39)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (166)
- Breweries & Vineyards (11)
- Gardens of the Heart (91)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (165)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (174)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (70)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (54)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (11)
- Sightseeing & Transport (43)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (83)
- Theme Parks (33)
- Workplace (11)
Ratings Made Easy
Special Offer 2 for 1 Admission for the Summer voucher for 2 for 1 Admission for the Summer ›
1 Hill Top
Tel : 02476521210
2012 IS GOING TO BE A FANTASTIC YEAR!
Amongst other things Coventry Cathedral celebrates its Golden Jubilee – a landmark occasion for a landmark building. Voted the nation’s favourite 20th Century building, it is a fascinating and moving mix of the old and the new with an extraordinary history of three cathedrals in one setting. The Cathedral is home to an unrivalled collection of monumental works of art, including:
- Graham Sutherland's Greta Tapestry, the largest in the world.
- Jacob Epstein's masterpiece statue of St Michael & the Devil.
- Britain's greatest collection of modern stained-glass.
- St Michael's Tower, the third tallest in England, and open to the public.
As a place of beauty and creativity, housing one of Britain’s best collections of 20th Century art, during 2012 we are planning a cultural programme of art, music, theatre, poetry and worship that will inspire everyone.
Celebrate with us and join us at these special events. Programme announcements
will be made throughout the year. Please visit www.coventrycathedral.org.uk/50 for further information
For car parking we suggest Pool Meadow public car park, just 200 metres away, at the corner of Fairfax Street and Cox Street. Follow signs off the ring road for Coventry Cathedral.
COACH DRIVERS PLEASE NOTE: YOU SHOULD USE THE POSTCODE CV1 5FB IF USING SAT NAV. THIS WILL ENABLE YOU TO DROP PASSENGERS AT THE FRONT OF THE CATHEDRAL IN PRIORY STREET. OTHER LANES AROUND THE CATHEDRAL ARE INACCESSIBLE FOR COACHES.
The main entrance to the Cathedral can be found off Priory Street opposite Coventry University or via St.Michael's Avenue from the City Centre.
By Public Transport
We are a 10-15 minute walk or 5 minute taxi ride from the railway station, and about 100 metres from the main Bus Station.
Coventry Cathedral facilities include:
- Dogs restrictions
- First aid facilities
- In town/city centre
- Indoor event/attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor event/attraction
- Smoking permitted in some areas
- Guided tours available for groups
- Guided tours available for individuals
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Group discounts available (min group size)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- On site parking
- Parking (charge)
- Park and ride
- Parking (free)
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Groups accepted
- Open outside normal opening times by appointment
- Special group rates
- TIC staff admitted free
Coventry Cathedral accessibility includes:
- Audible alarm system
- Contrast markings on glass doors and full-height windows
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Handrail by steps
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in audio format
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
Contact - Coventry Cathedral
Nearby and Related Items
Coventry Transport Museum is one of the UK’s best transport attractions with the world’s largest display of British road transport in a space totalling 13,000 sq metres – the size of three football pitches!! The collection is of national importance in the UK and has over 240 cars and commercial vehicles, 94 motorcycles, 200 cycles, 25,000 models.