- Animal-Centred Attraction (27)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (170)
- Breweries & Vineyards (8)
- Gardens of the Heart (80)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (149)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (128)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (51)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (40)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (13)
- Sightseeing & Transport (37)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (114)
- Theme Parks (30)
- Workplace (9)
Ratings Made Easy
Wellesbourne Wartime Museum
Control Tower Entrance
Tel : +44 0121 777 3518
£0.50 - £0.50
£2.00 - £2.00
The museum houses a small collection of exhibits both military & civilian relating to Wellesbourne airfield in wartime (WWII). Exhibits are housed in an underground bunker and in above ground building. On view above ground are complete aircraft and also cockpit sections.
From Junction 15 of M40 take A429 towards Stow-on-the-Wold. After approx 3 miles, turn right on B4086 towards Stratford. Afeter approx 3/4 mile, take left turn at cross roads (Loxley Lane). Museum is 1/2 mile on left.
By Public Transport
Nearest station: Stratford-upon-avon is 5 miles
Wellesbourne Wartime Museum facilities include:
Wellesbourne Wartime Museum accessibility includes:
Contact - Wellesbourne Wartime Museum
Nearby and Related Items
Hatton Farm Village
A warm welcome awaits you at Hatton Farm Village. Located in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside visit our farmyard animals, enjoy the daily programme of shows and acres of adventure play. We've a changing programme of seasonal events so there is always something new to see or do. And if the sun decides to have some time off, our massive indoor play area ensures the kids are kept entertained whatever the weather.
Charlecote Park has been the home of the Lucy family since the 15th century. The current house was extensively remodelled in the Victorian times by Mary Elizabeth Lucy and it is presented as it was when she was the mistress of the house.