- Animal-Centred Attraction (26)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (110)
- Breweries & Vineyards (8)
- Gardens of the Heart (75)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (131)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (116)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (43)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (36)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (12)
- Sightseeing & Transport (35)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (57)
- Theme Parks (29)
- Workplace (9)
Ratings Made Easy
Special Offer Two for One admission to Compton Verney 15/12/13 voucher for Two for One admission to Compton Verney 15/12/13 ›
Nr Stratford upon Avon
Tel : +44 01926 645500
+44 01926 645501
£10.90 - £26.00
£2.25 - £2.50
£4.50 - £11.00
£5.40 - £13.00
Visitors of all ages are warmly welcomed to this award-winning art gallery.
The gallery is housed in a Grade I listed Georgian mansion remodelled by Robert Adam, surrounded by 120 acres of 'Capability' Brown landscaped parkland.
Explore over 2000 works of art from around the world including: paintings from the 'Golden Age' of Italian art (1600-1800), Germanic art from 1450-1650; British portraits featuring work by Sir Joshua Reynolds and a collection of Tudor portraits; one of Europe's finest collections of Chinese bronzes; the UK's largest collection of British Folk Art and the Marx-Lambert collection, featuring work by textile designer Enid Marx.
Be enthralled by an exciting changing programme of exhibitions which in the past have included Van Gogh, Constable, Stanley Spencer, Peter Greenaway, Luc Tuymans and Francis Bacon.
Enjoy a refreshing break in the licensed waitress service cafe or enjoy a picnic and a stroll in our parkland.
There's also a programme of free daily tours, talks, adult workshops and family activities.
Compton Verney is situated on the B4086 between Wellesbourne and Kineton.
From M40 take junction 12 and follow brown signs.
By Public Transport
By rail: Nearest stations are Leamington Spa, Banbury or Stratford upon Avon, approximately a 25 minute taxi ride from each.
By bus: From Wood Street Stratford-upon-Avon or Banbury bus station take the 269 call 0871 200 2233 for details. CitySightseeing Heart of Warwickshire bus service From Pen and Parchment Stratford-upon-Avon. Service runs every weekend throughout June and July, then daily from 24 July - 5 September. For details see www.city-sightseeing.com or call 01789 412680.
Compton Verney facilities include:
- Dogs restrictions
- First aid facilities
- In countryside
- Indoor event/attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor event/attraction
- Smoking not permitted
- Guided tours available for groups
- Guided tours available for individuals
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Group discounts available (min group size)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Picnic site
- Car park over 5 minutes’ walk
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Approx length of visit
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Groups accepted
- Min group size
- Special group rates
- TIC staff admitted free
Compton Verney accessibility includes:
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage throughout attraction, eg colour contrast, large letters, pictograms
- Contrast markings on glass doors and full-height windows
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Effective lighting throughout attraction for visually impaired visitors
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Good colour/tonal contrast throughout attraction, eg doors contrast with floor/walls
- Handrail by ramp
- Handrail by steps
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in braille
- Information available in large print
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
Contact - Compton Verney
Nearby and Related Items
Hatton Farm Village
A warm welcome awaits you at Hatton Farm Village. Located in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside visit our farmyard animals, enjoy the daily programme of shows and acres of adventure play. We've a changing programme of seasonal events so there is always something new to see or do. And if the sun decides to have some time off, our massive indoor play area ensures the kids are kept entertained whatever the weather.
Charlecote Park has been the home of the Lucy family since the 15th century. The current house was extensively remodelled in the Victorian times by Mary Elizabeth Lucy and it is presented as it was when she was the mistress of the house.