- Animal-Centred Attraction (26)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (110)
- Breweries & Vineyards (8)
- Gardens of the Heart (75)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (131)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (116)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (43)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (37)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (12)
- Sightseeing & Transport (35)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (57)
- Theme Parks (29)
- Workplace (9)
Ratings Made Easy
Water sport activities such as sailing, rowing, canoeing and windsurfing can be enjoyed through clubs based at the reservoir. There is a circular footpath with some plank bench seating. The footpath is 1.75 miles long and can be enjoyed by walkers, joggers, birdwatchers and families. There's even a 'Trim Trail' keep fit route around the perimeter of the reservoir itself.
Nearest major road is M6. Aston Expressway to city centre onto St Chads Queensway onto Broad Street right onto Ladywood Middleway, left into Monument Road, right into Reservoir Road, the entrance is at the end.
By Public Transport
Nearest station is Birmingham, Five Ways. Turn down Ladywood Middleway. Go past Police Station to the island by Church, turn left, past Birmingham Saturday Hospital Fund Building, Reservoir Road is just past this building. Walk down as far as you can go.
Edgbaston Reservoir facilities include:
- Groups accepted
- Min group size
- Max group size
- Picnic site
Edgbaston Reservoir accessibility includes:
- Ramp/level access
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Service dogs permitted (eg guide dogs)
Contact - Edgbaston Reservoir
Nearby and Related Items
Birmingham Botanical Gardens and Glasshouses
Fifteen acres of landscaped gardens and glasshouses. Over 7000 plants shrubs and trees including many rare species - one of largest collections in the Midlands. Aviaries with exotic birds, child's play area.
Winterbourne House and Garden
Winterbourne House and Garden boasts a 7 acre botanic garden with ground floor exhibition rooms telling the history of the home's former owners. There is a delightful tea room serving hot meals, cakes and refreshments all year round.