- Animal-Centred Attraction (26)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (110)
- Breweries & Vineyards (8)
- Gardens of the Heart (75)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (131)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (116)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (43)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (36)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (12)
- Sightseeing & Transport (35)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (57)
- Theme Parks (29)
- Workplace (9)
Ratings Made Easy
Barber Institute of Fine Arts
University of Birmingham
Tel : +44 0121 414 7333
One of the finest small galleries in the world, housing an outstanding collection of old master and modern paintings including masterpieces by Bellini, Rubens, Poussin, Murillo, Gainsborough, Rossetti, Whistler and Magritte. Among the impressionist pictures are major works by Manet, Monet, Renoir, Degar, Gaugin and Van Gogh.
Nearest major road is M5. A38 towards city centre, after 8 miles turn left into Edgbaston Park Road, the University is on the left.
By Public Transport
Nearest station is Birmingham University Station. Turn left out of the station and walk through the campus, the Barber Institute is the last building on the left.
Barber Institute of Fine Arts facilities include:
- Groups accepted
- Min group size
- Max group size
Barber Institute of Fine Arts accessibility includes:
- Ramp/level access
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Service dogs permitted (eg guide dogs)
Contact - Barber Institute of Fine Arts
Nearby and Related Items
Birmingham Botanical Gardens and Glasshouses
Fifteen acres of landscaped gardens and glasshouses. Over 7000 plants shrubs and trees including many rare species - one of largest collections in the Midlands. Aviaries with exotic birds, child's play area.
Winterbourne House and Garden
Winterbourne House and Garden boasts a 7 acre botanic garden with ground floor exhibition rooms telling the history of the home's former owners. There is a delightful tea room serving hot meals, cakes and refreshments all year round.