- Animal-Centred Attraction (15)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (35)
- Breweries & Vineyards (2)
- Gardens of the Heart (25)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (30)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (36)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (15)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (18)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (4)
- Sightseeing & Transport (7)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (10)
- Theme Parks (15)
- Workplace (5)
Ratings Made Easy
Tamworth Information Centre
Philip Dix Centre
Tel : 01827 709 581 / 618
It's official - Tamworth is the 4th fastest growing European destination in 2011 according to the new figures released by Trip Advisor.
The huge rise in searches and comments about Tamworth has been attributed to the many high quality eventsand attractions, its excellent hotels and its so easy to get to.
From day visits to longer stays, Tamworth offers a rich and vibrant experience with a superb choice of places to stay.
Tamworth Castle stands in the beautiful Castle Grounds, across from the SnowDome in the centre of town. Also within walking distance is Leisure Island, Strykers Indoor Bowl, Odeon Multi Screen Cinema and a host of places to eat and drink. There are also great public toilet facilities in the town
With great parking and great shops in the town including Ankerside Shopping Centre, not to be missed is Tamworth's great market which takes to the streets on Tuesday's and Saturday's.
Tamworth's multi award winning Tourist Information Centre is also situated in the centre of town.
Tamworth's famous Ventura Retail Park with its masses of free parking sits on the edge of the town centre and includes stores such as M&S, Next, Toys'R'Us and the only John Lewis Home Store in Staffordshire. All major Supermarkets are also present in the town.
Drayton Manor is just 5 minutes away by car and within 20 minutes you can easily access The National Memorial Arboretum, Twycross Zoo, The National Forest and so much more.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TAMWORTH PLEASE VISIT www.visittamworth.co.uk
To find out more about Tamworth's great and unique history, pick up a copy of Tamworth's Heritage Trail, a self guided walk around the town lasting approx. 2 hours or better still download the FREE I-Phone App, Tamworth Heritage Trail.
Tamworth lies in the South east corner of Staffordshire, just 18 miles north of Birmingham. The A5 links Tamworth to the A38 and M42 Junction 10. The m6 Toll links the M6 to the M42.
By Public Transport
Tamworth Railway Station offers a frequent direct service to Birmingham New Street and London Euston. Tamworth is well connected to major rail networks serviced by Virgin and London Midland.
For National rail enquiries call 08457 48 49 50 or www.nationalrail.co.uk
National Express operates a daily return service to London Victoria, Service 460
For information call 08717 81 81 81 or www.nationalexpress.com
Tamworth sits on the Birmingham Fazeley Canal and the Coventry Canal with an abundance of available moorings.
For information call 01827 252 000 or e-mail: email@example.com
Tamworth is serviced by two bus companies, providing a range of services to local major towns and villages, Arriva Buses and Heartlands Buses.
For Traveline enquiries call 0871 200 22 33
Tamworth has over 34 kilometres of cycle paths in and around the town
Cycle Hire is available in the Castle grounds at Dave Owen Cycles, call 07896 504 141
Visit Tamworth facilities include:
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor event/attraction
- Guided tours available for groups
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Group discounts available (min group size)
- Picnic site
- On site parking
- Parking (charge)
- Parking (free)
- Groups accepted
- Special group rates
Visit Tamworth accessibility includes:
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage throughout attraction, eg colour contrast, large letters, pictograms
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in braille
- Information available in large print
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
Contact - Visit Tamworth
Nearby and Related Items
Drayton Manor Park
Everyone’s favourite family theme park, Drayton Manor Park is packed with a host of great rides and attractions for all ages. This year we are celebrating the park’s 65th anniversary and would love for you to join us with our celebrations over the whole of 2015. Step back to when the park began as we go back to the 1950s with an abundance of events to enjoy.