- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (28)
- Gardens of the Heart (6)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (12)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (20)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (3)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (3)
- Sightseeing & Transport (7)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (19)
- Theme Parks (2)
- Workplace (2)
Ratings Made Easy
**Lapworth Museum of Geology** OOB
The University of Birmingham
Tel : +44 0121 414 7294
The Lapworth Museum of Geology is one of the oldest specialist geological museums in the UK, dating back to 1880. It has the finest and most extensive collections of fossils, minerals and rocks in the Midlands region.
Nearest major road is A38. Follow the A38 to Bournbrook and turn into Edgbaston Park Road, the University East Gate 100 yards on the left.
By Public Transport
Nearest station is Birmingham University. Exit the station to the left into the University campus. Follow the signs to the Museum.
**Lapworth Museum of Geology** OOB facilities include:
- Groups accepted
- Min group size
- Max group size
**Lapworth Museum of Geology** OOB accessibility includes:
- Ramp/level access
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Service dogs permitted (eg guide dogs)
Contact - **Lapworth Museum of Geology** OOB
Nearby and Related Items
Birmingham Botanical Gardens and Glasshouses
Fifteen acres of landscaped gardens and glasshouses. Over 7000 plants shrubs and trees including many rare species - one of largest collections in the Midlands. Aviaries with exotic birds, child's play area.
Winterbourne House and Garden
Winterbourne House and Garden boasts a 7 acre botanic garden with ground floor exhibition rooms telling the history of the home's former owners. There is a delightful tea room serving hot meals, cakes and refreshments all year round.