- Animal-Centred Attraction (1)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (48)
- Breweries & Vineyards (1)
- Gardens of the Heart (7)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (15)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (22)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (1)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (6)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (3)
- Sightseeing & Transport (5)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (41)
- Theme Parks (2)
- Workplace (1)
Ratings Made Easy
Lapworth Museum of Geology
The University of Birmingham
Tel : +44 0121 414 7294
The Lapworth Museum of Geology is one of the oldest specialist geological museums in the UK, dating back to 1880. It has the finest and most extensive collections of fossils, minerals and rocks in the Midlands region.
Nearest major road is A38. Follow the A38 to Bournbrook and turn into Edgbaston Park Road, the University East Gate 100 yards on the left.
By Public Transport
Nearest station is Birmingham University. Exit the station to the left into the University campus. Follow the signs to the Museum.
Lapworth Museum of Geology facilities include:
- Groups accepted
- Min group size
- Max group size
Lapworth Museum of Geology accessibility includes:
- Ramp/level access
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Service dogs permitted (eg guide dogs)
Contact - Lapworth Museum of Geology
Nearby and Related Items
Birmingham Botanical Gardens and Glasshouses
Fifteen acres of landscaped gardens and glasshouses. Over 7000 plants shrubs and trees including many rare species - one of largest collections in the Midlands. Aviaries with exotic birds, child's play area.
Edgbaston Golf Club
The Golf Course was laid out in 1936 by the legendary H S Colt who was also responsible for the design and remodelling of many famous courses including the New and Eden courses at St Andrews, Muirfield, Sunningdale and Royal St Georges.
Winterbourne House and Garden
Winterbourne House and Garden boasts a 7 acre botanic garden with ground floor exhibition rooms telling the history of the home's former owners. There is a delightful tea room serving hot meals, cakes and refreshments all year round.