- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (26)
- Gardens of the Heart (6)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (10)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (17)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (5)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (3)
- Sightseeing & Transport (5)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (20)
- Theme Parks (1)
- Workplace (1)
Ratings Made Easy
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
Tel : +44 0121 616 6500
£15.00 - £42.00
From soaring symphonies to world-class artists and out-of-this-world operas, the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra has something for every concert-goer. Music from the heart.
Resident at Symphony Hall, Birmingham, the CBSO performs around 130 concerts a year regionally, nationally and internationally. The Orchestra has a wide reaching programme of music ranging from Beethoven to Bollywood, to concerts for the whole family.
The CBSO was founded in 1920 by the city’s civic leaders, led by Neville Chamberlain. The Orchestra’s inaugural concert was conducted by Sir Edward Elgar. Music director Andris Nelsons leads an outstanding artistic team including principal guest conductor Edward Gardner, associate conductor Michael Seal, and chorus director Simon Halsey.
The CBSO family includes the CBSO Chorus, the CBSO Children’s and Youth Choruses, two unauditioned community choirs, the CBSO Youth Orchestra, and chamber ensembles from within the orchestra.
The CBSO aims to offer the very best in musical performance and education - flying the flag for the people of Birmingham and the UK. To find out more visit www.cbso.co.uk or follow the CBSO on Facebook or Twitter.
M6 Junction 6.
Follow signs for City Centre / ICC Birmingham / Symphony Hall
By Public Transport
By Rail, Birmingham New Street Station
Upon leaving the train, head towards the 'B' end of the platform.
Follow signs for "Way out/ Victoria Square". Taxis are available from the station.
Please contact the Centro Hotline on 0121 200 2700 or your local operator for information and timetables.
By Air, Birmingham International Airport
Situated at junction 6 of the M42
Journey time approximately 30-40 minutes to City Centre.
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra facilities include:
- Dogs restrictions
- First aid facilities
- In town/city centre
- Indoor event/attraction
- Smoking not permitted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Group discounts available (min group size)
- Off site parking
- Groups accepted
- Special group rates
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra accessibility includes:
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage throughout attraction, eg colour contrast, large letters, pictograms
- Contrast markings on glass doors and full-height windows
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Effective lighting throughout attraction for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast throughout attraction, eg doors contrast with floor/walls
- Handrail by ramp
- Handrail by steps
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in audio format
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
Contact - City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
Nearby and Related Items
The ICC - International Convention Centre
The International Convention Centre (abbreviated to ICC) is a major conference venue in central Birmingham, England. The centre incorporates Symphony Hall and faces Centenary Square. The building has another entrance leading to the canals of Birmingham. The Convention Quarter area, which includes Brindleyplace, is located directly opposite the building on the other side of the canal. The ICC is a truly world-class venue and one of Europe’s most high profile conference centres, welcoming over 350 events and more than 300,000 delegates each year. Unrivalled experience, a fantastic reputation and flexible space in the perfect UK location enable the ICC team to deliver events that go beyond your expectations. We pride ourselves on our unbeatable track record. Whether it’s a small meeting for 2 or a conference for 8,000, our unique, purpose-built venue has the flexibility to shape and create events from the simple to the incredible.
The National Sea Life Centre
Escape city life and step into tropical paradise in the heart of the buzzing city of Birmingham. At the National SEA LIFE centre you can take an amazing marine voyage beneath the waves and experience so much more…