- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (28)
- Gardens of the Heart (6)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (12)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (18)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (3)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (3)
- Sightseeing & Transport (7)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (19)
- Theme Parks (2)
- Workplace (2)
Ratings Made Easy
Ikon is one of Europe's premier contemporary art galleries, situated in the heart of canalside Brindleyplace.
The gallery features temporary exhibitions over two floors. A variety of media is represented, including sound, film, mixed media, photography, painting, sculpture and installation.
Ikon also presents a changing programme of national and international work from emerging and established artists. A programme of free events and tours accompanies each exhibition.
Ikon houses Birmingham's best tapas restaurant and an bookshop stocking the City's widest range of titles on art and contemporary culture.
Admission is free.
A comprehensive motorway network system including the M5, M6, M40 and M42 links Birmingham with the rest of the country. Drivers should follow signs to Birmingham City Centre then look for the brown tourist signs to the Convention Centre, National Indoor Arena, Canals and Brindleyplace.
By Public Transport
From New Street proceed to Chamberlain Square. Then up to the curved steps to the Central Library, through Paradise Forum and into Centenary Square. Bear left onto Broad St, passing the Hyatt Hotel on the left. Turn right onto Oozells St. Approximately 15 minutes.
Ikon Gallery facilities include:
- In town/city centre
- Guided tours available for groups
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Parking (charge)
- Off site parking
- Groups accepted
- Min group size
Ikon Gallery accessibility includes:
- Clear signage throughout attraction, eg colour contrast, large letters, pictograms
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Effective lighting throughout attraction for visually impaired visitors
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in large print
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
- Ramp/level access
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Facilities for hearing impaired visitors
- Facilities for visually impaired visitors
- Service dogs permitted (eg guide dogs)
Contact - Ikon Gallery
Nearby and Related Items
The ICC - International Convention Centre
The International Convention Centre (abbreviated to ICC) is a major conference venue in central Birmingham, England. The centre incorporates Symphony Hall and faces Centenary Square. The building has another entrance leading to the canals of Birmingham. The Convention Quarter area, which includes Brindleyplace, is located directly opposite the building on the other side of the canal. The ICC is a truly world-class venue and one of Europe’s most high profile conference centres, welcoming over 350 events and more than 300,000 delegates each year. Unrivalled experience, a fantastic reputation and flexible space in the perfect UK location enable the ICC team to deliver events that go beyond your expectations. We pride ourselves on our unbeatable track record. Whether it’s a small meeting for 2 or a conference for 8,000, our unique, purpose-built venue has the flexibility to shape and create events from the simple to the incredible.
The National Sea Life Centre
Escape city life and step into tropical paradise in the heart of the buzzing city of Birmingham. At the National SEA LIFE centre you can take an amazing marine voyage beneath the waves and experience so much more…