- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (26)
- Gardens of the Heart (7)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (10)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (17)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (5)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (3)
- Sightseeing & Transport (5)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (20)
- Theme Parks (1)
- Workplace (1)
Ratings Made Easy
Ikon is one of Europe's premier contemporary art galleries, situated in the heart of canalside Brindleyplace.
The gallery features temporary exhibitions over two floors. A variety of media is represented, including sound, film, mixed media, photography, painting, sculpture and installation.
Ikon also presents a changing programme of national and international work from emerging and established artists. A programme of free events and tours accompanies each exhibition.
Ikon houses Birmingham's best tapas restaurant and an bookshop stocking the City's widest range of titles on art and contemporary culture.
Admission is free.
A comprehensive motorway network system including the M5, M6, M40 and M42 links Birmingham with the rest of the country. Drivers should follow signs to Birmingham City Centre then look for the brown tourist signs to the Convention Centre, National Indoor Arena, Canals and Brindleyplace.
By Public Transport
From New Street proceed to Chamberlain Square. Then up to the curved steps to the Central Library, through Paradise Forum and into Centenary Square. Bear left onto Broad St, passing the Hyatt Hotel on the left. Turn right onto Oozells St. Approximately 15 minutes.
Ikon Gallery facilities include:
- In town/city centre
- Guided tours available for groups
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Parking (charge)
- Off site parking
- Groups accepted
- Min group size
Ikon Gallery accessibility includes:
- Ramp/level access
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Facilities for hearing impaired visitors
- Facilities for visually impaired visitors
- Service dogs permitted (eg guide dogs)
- Clear signage throughout attraction, eg colour contrast, large letters, pictograms
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Effective lighting throughout attraction for visually impaired visitors
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in large print
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
Contact - Ikon Gallery
Nearby and Related Items
The National Sea Life Centre
Escape city life and step into tropical paradise in the heart of the buzzing city of Birmingham. At the National SEA LIFE centre you can take an amazing marine voyage beneath the waves and experience so much more…