- Animal-Centred Attraction (39)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (173)
- Breweries & Vineyards (11)
- Gardens of the Heart (95)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (166)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (174)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (69)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (54)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (14)
- Sightseeing & Transport (49)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (85)
- Theme Parks (36)
- Workplace (13)
Ratings Made Easy
Coalport China Museum
Tel : +44 01952 884391
£5.40 - £5.40
£7.20 - £7.20
£8.10 - £8.10
Coalport China Museum houses vast displays of two centuries of china, and is home to National collections of Caughley and Coalport porcelain (housed in the original riverside buildings), which were made in the factory from 1796 until 1926 when production moved to the neighbouring county of Staffordshire.
Coalport was once one of the country's largest porcelain manufacturers, with a worldwide reputation for fine china. Today the award-winning museum includes a range of exhibits tracing the history of the factory and the lives and working conditions of its workforce. In the old workshops, china painting, clay modelling and china flower making take place regularly and pre-booked one-day courses are available, with expert tuition and museum entry for the enjoyment of children and adults of all ages . Visitors can purchase examples of all the fine china from the museum shop. The slip room cafe serves a variety of refreshments and has a seating capacity of 70 people. The Cafe is open on selected dates during the year.
For group visits contact the group visits officer on 01952 435900.
From junction 4 of the M54 follow brown and white signs to Blists Hill Museum (Ironbridge).
Pass the museum and follow the road down towards Ironbridge.
Turn left on to the A4169.
Finish on the right at the Coalport China Museum.
By Public Transport
From Telford Central station it is 5 miles to Coalport China Museum.
Coalport China Museum facilities include:
- Parking (free)
- Groups accepted
- Picnic site
- TIC staff admitted free
- Min group size
- Max group size
- On site parking
Coalport China Museum accessibility includes:
- Service dogs permitted (eg guide dogs)
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Ramp/level access
- Facilities for hearing impaired visitors