Ratings Made Easy
Tel : +44 01889 578580
Fax : +44 01889 578580
Double En Suite
£100.00 Per person per night breakfast included
Double En Suite
£45.50 Per person per night breakfast included
Twin en suite
£46.00 Per person per night breakfast included
Double En Suite
£62.50 Per person per night breakfast included
Single en suite
£71.00 Per person per night breakfast included
5* Gold from VB and the AA makes Colton House the highest rated accommodation provider in Staffordshire, with the facilities of a boutique country house hotel.
A beautifully restored Grade II* Country House, in the picturesque village of Colton on the edge of Cannock Chase. Wide variety of bedrooms available, all with en suite bathrooms and a distinctive style.
Winner of ‘Best Breakfast in Staffordshire’ with eggs laid by village hens.
Winners of 'The Best Guest Accommodation' and 'Best Sustainable Tourism Business' in Staffordshire.
Near to Cannock Chase/Staffordshire Way, Go Ape, Shugborough Hall, Alton Towers and the National Memorial Arboretum.
You can walk round the 1.5 acre garden, providing fruit and vegetables for evening meals, sit on the south facing patio with a drink from the licensed bar before dinner. Enjoy the Egyptian fluffy towels, power showers and Ron and Gay’s dedication to ensuring that you have an enjoyable stay.
The house is not suitable for children under 14.
Companies can have sole use of the premises for conferences or meetings for as few as 6 to as many as 25.
From Lichfield: Take the A51 north to Rugeley. On the Rugeley bypass island take the B5013 to Colton and continue along here for approximately 1.5 miles. Turn right onto Bellamour Way, going over the humpback bridge and Colton House is past the church on the right hand side.
By Public Transport
Rugeley Trent Valley train station on the west coast line is about 1 mile away.
Colton House facilities include:
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Additional meal details
- Cater for vegetarians
- Packed lunch available
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- On site parking
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Events Venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless access
- Wireless/internet access
- Colour TV in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
Colton House accessibility includes:
- Parking areas for disabled visitors
- Bathrooms available with bath
- Bathrooms available with bath with shower
- Bathrooms available with level entry shower
- Bathrooms available with separate shower unit
- Baths with support handrails
- Bedrooms with non-allergenic bedding available
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Emergency call system with flashing lights
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Guest information in large print format
- Handrail by ramp
- Level access, ramp or lift from entrance to reception
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to dining area
- Level access, ramp or lift to the bar
- Level access, ramp or lift to the lounge
- Restaurant/bar menus/bar prices available in large print format
Contact - Colton House
Nearby and Related Items
Adventure Forest - Go Ape - Cannock
Go Ape is the UK's No.1 Forest Adventure. Award-winning outdoor adventure activities for all the family. Set within beautiful forests, families and friends of all ages can unleash their inner Ape on our Tree Top Adventure and Tree Top Junior or explore the forest floor on our epic all-terrain Segways. It's a day out like no other.
Castle Bromwich Hall Gardens Trust
Step back in time and experience this oasis of tranquility within these beautiful 10 acre walled gardens, restored to their 18th century splendour. Historic plants, vegetables and fruits. Holly maze. Refreshments, gift shop and plant sales.
Erasmus Darwin House
Nestled in Lichfield’s idyllic Cathedral Close, Darwin House is an independent, accredited Museum that was once the family home of doctor, inventor and published poet Erasmus Darwin (1731 – 1802). With its unique place in Georgian history Darwin House showcases the breadth of Erasmus Darwin’s interests and achievements which laid the foundations for his grandson and evolutionary biologist Charles. Ponder in the room where leading Midland industrialists and thinkers were thought to have gathered and shared ground-breaking ideas. Discover the herbs in our tranquil garden used to season Mrs Darwin’s cooking. Learn about the medicinal qualities of plants with which Erasmus treated his patients (often free of charge!). Look through his personal journal to get a sense of his original mind and uncover what inspired his many theories and inventions including a flushing toilet and a speaking machine to name a few. Explore Darwin’s work through interactive exhibits, replica costumes and historical objects. Come as many times as you like, there’s always more to know about the Amazing Dr Darwin.