Ratings Made Easy
Herbert Art Gallery & Museum
The Herbert Art Gallery & Museum is located in the cultural heart of Coventry city centre, next to the historic Cathedral.
Having just undergone a £20 million redevelopment the site has eight permanent galleries displaying its collections and is also home to the History Centre, media suites, a shop, café and four temporary galleries displaying large-scale touring exhibitions from around the world.
The Herbert has had the honour of being officially named the Best Family Friendly Museum in the whole of Britain (2010) in the prestigious Guardian Family Friendly Museum award run by Kids in Museums.
Entry is free of charge.
Coach tours welcome.
We are conveniently situated in the heart of Coventry City centre, adjacent to Coventry Cathedral and University. We have excellent transport links with a bus stop just outside the gallery and at just a 10 minute walk from Coventry train station
By Public Transport
Nearest station: Coventry
Herbert Art Gallery & Museum facilities include:
- First aid facilities
- In town/city centre
- Indoor event/attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Smoking not permitted
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Car park over 5 minutes’ walk
Herbert Art Gallery & Museum accessibility includes:
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
Contact - Herbert Art Gallery & Museum
Nearby and Related Items
An Extraordinary Place....A Story you can't Ignore! Discover a thousand years of history, from Lady Godiva's Anglo-Saxon Priory, to the stunning architecture of the nations's favorite 20th Century building - the Cathedral of St Michael.
Coventry Transport Museum
An exhilarating free day out in the Midlands! Now fully reopen after a £9.5m redevelopment programme, this huge museum offers a whole free day out of fun and discovery for visitors of all ages – all in an iconic city-centre building, and all completely free.