Ratings Made Easy
A glorious Grade I listed site dating back to the 12th century, The Commandery has had a long and varied history that is reflected in its range of architectural styles from Medieval to Victorian.
The Commandery has exciting stories to tell you about power, greed, war, wealth, romance, death, society and industry. Step back in time to catch a glimpse of the lively characters that have inhabited this ancient building during the past seven centuries.
Using audio interpretation, The Commandery’s long-hidden history comes vividly to life allowing you to explore six chosen periods, enjoying the characters and the atmosphere of the building’s colourful past.
Look out for our programme of special events throughout the year.
Free for Worcester City Council tax payers (please make sure that you bring your council Tax bill as proof of residency)
Adult £5.50, Concessions £4.50, Children (5-16) £2.50, Family Ticket (2 adults & up to 3 children) £13.00.
Follow signs to Worcester city centre, then turn left at traffic lights by Worcester Cathedral to nearest car park. The Commandery is located across the main road to the right. There are two Pay and Display car parks opposite the building on King Street and Commandery Road.
By Public Transport
By Bus - First Midland Red buses run through Sidbury from Bath Road, London Road, City Walls Road and the City Centre.
By Train - Worcester Foregate Street and Worcester Shrub Hill station are both 1km from the Commandery.
The Commandery facilities include:
- Dogs restrictions
- First aid facilities
- In town/city centre
- Indoor event/attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor event/attraction
- Smoking not permitted
- Demonstrations given
- Guided tours available for groups
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Group discounts available (min group size)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Picnic site
- Off site parking
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Groups accepted
- Max group size
- Min group size
- Open outside normal opening times by appointment
- Special group rates
The Commandery accessibility includes:
- Ramp/level access
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Facilities for hearing impaired visitors
- Information available in audio format
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point