Ratings Made Easy
Tel : 01905 361821
Fax : 01905 361822
£4.95 - £4.95
£5.95 - £5.95
Encounter the past brought to life in a beautiful building with an 800 year history. Set in the heart of historic Worcester, The Commandery is most famous for being the Royalist Headquarters during the deciding battle of the English Civil War – the Battle of Worcester 1651.
Worcester's Civil War Story evokes the momentous build-up to the Battle of Worcester. Discover a new interactive exhibition at The Commandery, former Royalist battle headquarters in 1651, and experience a pivotal moment in English history. Step into the dramatic debate between Royalist and Parliamentarian beliefs, encounter powerful pieces of the past, imagine daily life as a militia soldier 300 miles from home, and test your strategic skills in the battle room.
With an exciting programme of events, fun family activities every school holiday, as well as its own gardens and the nearby Civil War themed play area on Fort Royal Hill, The Commandery is the perfect family day out.
Rally the troops and drop into Commandery Coffee, an independent coffee shop with delicious home-made food, artisan coffee and loose leaf teas.
Follow signs to Worcester city centre, then turn left at traffic lights by Worcester Cathedral to nearest car park. The Commandery is located across the main road to the right. There are two Pay and Display car parks opposite the building on King Street and Commandery Road.
By Public Transport
By Bus - First Midland Red buses run through Sidbury from Bath Road, London Road, City Walls Road and the City Centre.
By Train - Worcester Foregate Street and Worcester Shrub Hill station are both 1km from the Commandery.
The Commandery facilities include:
- Dogs restrictions
- First aid facilities
- In town/city centre
- Indoor event/attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor event/attraction
- Smoking not permitted
- Demonstrations given
- Guided tours available for groups
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Group discounts available (min group size)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Picnic site
- Off site parking
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Groups accepted
- Max group size
- Min group size
- Open outside normal opening times by appointment
- Special group rates
The Commandery accessibility includes:
- Ramp/level access
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Facilities for hearing impaired visitors
- Information available in audio format
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point