Ratings Made Easy
Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum & Bookshop
Tel : +44 01543 264972
Fax : +44 01543 258441
Discover the life and times of Samuel Johnson, England's greatest man of letters and famous wit. Follow the story of the young Samuel Johnson from his difficult childhood to national celebrity and 'Dictionary fame'. Experience five floors of exhibits in a beautiful Grade I listed building including period room settings, an introductory film, interactive displays and activities for children.
Guided tours and school visits also available - please contact us for more information.
Please note that, due to the nature of the building's Grade I listing, there are many unavoidable steps.
Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum & Bookshop facilities include:
- In town/city centre
- Indoor event/attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Smoking not permitted
- Guided tours available for groups
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Groups accepted
Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum & Bookshop accessibility includes:
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage throughout attraction, eg colour contrast, large letters, pictograms
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Good colour/tonal contrast throughout attraction, eg doors contrast with floor/walls
- Handrail by steps
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in large print
Contact - Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum & Bookshop
Nearby and Related Items
National Memorial Arboretum
The National Memorial Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance; a spiritually uplifting place with 150 acres of trees and memorials, planted as a living tribute to those who have served, died or suffered in the service of their Country. Facilities include: Visitor Centre, guided tours, shop and café.