Ratings Made Easy
Severn Valley Railway
Tel : +44 01562 757900
£10.30 - £11.50
£14.80 - £16.50
£1,620.00 - £18.00
£47.20 - £52.50
There's a wealth of opportunities to explore at the Severn Valley Railway. Enjoy an exciting steam train ride along our scenic, 16-mile span through the beautiful Severn Valley countryside, from Kidderminster to Bridgnorth.
Explore any of our six, beautifully-restored stations or head to our Engine House Visitor Centre at Highley, which is packed with informative, interactive displays, including the Peter's Railway Young Engineers Centre and our new 50th Anniversary exhibition, taking visitors on a journey through the first half-century of the Railway.
While there, you can also get up close to our reserve collection of full-size steam locomotives, sort the mail in the travelling post office or marvel at the majestic King George VI Royal Carriage as well as the range of Railway memorabilia and artefacts. If you are feeling peckish, our Flag & Whistle Food Stop offers great food and panoramic views of the Severn Valley. Kids will also love our outdoor, railway-themed play area.
Our packed events calendar includes Family Fun Days, Food Festival, Spring and Autumn Steam Galas, Diesel Gala, 1940s Weekends, Sounds of the 60s, Peep Behind the Scenes, Steam & Whistle Summer Holiday Activity Club and our ever-popular Santa Steam Specials.
We're currently celebrating our Golden Jubilee and were this year voted as Heritage Site of the Year by BBC Countryfile Magazine, so come along and see why!
For more information about the Railway, events and bookings, visit www.svr.co.uk or call 01562 757900.
Follow the brown tourist signs from the M6, M42 and M5 Midland links. From the motorway network follow the 'steam railway' and 'Severn Valley Railway' signs and the little white engine. Kidderminster is the main entry point to the Severn Valley Railway with ample parking close to the station on most days.
Kidderminster - DY10 1QX
Bewdley - DY12 1BG
Bridgnorth - WV16 5DT
By Public Transport
By train: Kidderminster (SVR) is adjacent to Kidderminster main line station. Frequent services from Birmingham – Snow Hill, Worcester, Malvern, Leamington Spa and Solihull call at Kidderminster. From Wolverhampton and Birmingham – New St, change at Smethwick Galton Bridge for local services to Kidderminster.
By bus: Arriva buses operate a service from Wolverhampton.
Severn Valley Railway facilities include:
- Dogs restrictions
- First aid facilities
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Indoor event/attraction
- Outdoor event/attraction
- Smoking not permitted
- Smoking permitted in some areas
- Guided tours available for groups
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Group discounts available (min group size)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Picnic site
- On site parking
- Parking (charge)
- Approx length of visit
- Groups accepted
- Max group size
- Min group size
- Open outside normal opening times by appointment
- Pets accepted (other than service dogs)
- TIC staff admitted free
Severn Valley Railway accessibility includes:
- Ramp/level access
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Service dogs permitted (eg guide dogs)
- Audible alarm system
- Contrast markings on glass doors and full-height windows
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in audio format
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point