Ratings Made Easy
Brinsop Court Estate
Tel : 01432 509925
£3,000.00 - £6,500.00
Per unit per week
£900.00 - £1,150.00
Per unit per week
Brinsop Court Estate is a beautifully located and well admired piece of Herefordshire. It comprises about 800 acres of working farm and woodland with an enchanting medieval moated manor house in the centre. This fabulous Grade 1 * listed house has been carefully refurbished and decorated to a high standard, and sleeps up to 28 in luxury twin, double and single bedrooms some with en-suite facilities. The whole property dates back to the 13th century and there are fascinating bits of history at every turn. For historians, amateur or other, this is a great destination. And don't forget, Hereford Cathedral houses the Mappa Mundi, oldest map in the world and the ancient Chained Library.
For those of you interested in nature, Brinsop Court Manor House is perfect. The moat affords brilliant habitat for all sorts of water creatures, feathered or otherwise and if you’d like to fish for your supper we can lend you the rods. The surrounding woodland, which you are at liberty to explore, is home to a plethora of birdlife, making this just the place for ornithologists. (Unusual birds, such as the Grey Wagtail, are actually nesting in our courtyard.) Wild deer roam freely. We have good local contacts for those of you interested in learning more. Informative nature walks can be arranged .. early morning or dusk is best.
For the sporting types, the grounds around the manor house are large enough for a good game of cricket, rounders or croquet - Jacques Croquet set provided. Decent tennis racquets and balls are also provided for your use on our hard court. Those of you who like to jog can use our marked trails. Golfing enthusiasts are amply catered for as Brinsop Court is situated about 5 minutes away from 2 excellent courses. At Wormsley, The Herefordshire Golf Club offers a challenging 18 holes with stunning views all round at about 900 ft. above sea level, and at Burghill Golf Club, you can find a less strenuous game. If you are a serious player you may also want to tee off at Kington Golf Club, about 25 minutes drive away on the Welsh border, which is the highest golf course in England!
In addition to these obvious attractions come extras like the Hereford Go Karting race track at Weobley (not for the faint hearted) which is about 10 minutes drive away and the Herefordshire Mountain Boarding Centre, some 5 minutes away, again take your courage. The Taste for Adventure at Credenhill, for children and adults, is very popular and run by ex SAS member, Brummie Stokes. Canoeing on the River Wye is easy to organise too.
For people wanting to walk or cycle, we are very close to Offa's Dyke, the Wye Valley Walk, the Black Mountains, the Brecon Beacons, The Black & White Village Trail and Hergest Ridge. Hay-on-Wye is close and obviously full of books but still interesting for those not so bookish too. The brilliant Bell Inn at Tillington, 2 minutes drive away, provides great food, always has locals in and also runs cycle tours sometimes, along with other fun things.
If you just want to chill out, relax in our library area or sit quietly in the beautiful internal courtyard. Here, you can feel the real tranquillity of the place and realise that Herefordshire really is an as-yet undiscovered gem.
Brinsop means Business - we are now set up with full wifi throughout to host your business meetings, conferences, product launches and training workshops during the mid week period.
We are licensed for civil weddings and have a variety of options to choose from. For lots of information about weddings at Brinsop, head over to www.brinsopcourtweddings.co.uk
Take the A480 Kington road out of Hereford through Credenhill. Approximately 1 mile beyond Credenhill, turn right for Brinsop (signposted). Brinsop Court is situated approx. 1.5 miles on the right over the cattlegrid. Keep left to 'T' junction and turn right for Brinsop Court Manor House and left for Ivy Cottage.
By Public Transport
If you arrive by train to either Leominster or Hereford, we can arrange to collect you. We are one and a half hours by car or train from Birmingham airport.
Brinsop Court Estate facilities include:
- Linen provided
- Celebrity connection
- Country house
- Film or TV location
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Accept children (minimum age)
- Babysitting service
- Children's outdoor play area
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- On site parking
- Car parking
- Available for wedding receptions
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Events Venue
- Games consoles available
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Number of shared bathrooms
- Pets accepted
- Pets allowed in public areas
- Real log/coal fires
- Room/unit allocations available
- Wireless access
- Wireless/internet access
- Colour TV in all bedrooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Satellite/cable TV in all bedrooms
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- Games room
- Other sporting facilities
- Tennis court
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
Brinsop Court Estate accessibility includes:
- Bathrooms available with bath
- Bathrooms available with bath with shower
- Bathrooms available with level entry shower
- Bathrooms available with separate shower unit
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged on request
- Bedrooms with non-allergenic bedding available
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Level access, ramp or lift from entrance to reception
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to dining area
- Level access, ramp or lift to one or more bedrooms
- Level access, ramp or lift to the lounge
- Separate shower units with fixed shower seats or shower chairs
- Parking areas for disabled visitors
Contact - Brinsop Court Estate
Nearby and Related Items
St John Medieval Museum & Coningsby Hospital
The site of The Blackfriars Monastery, which was a Dominican Monastery home of crusaders of the Order of St. John and an ex-serviceman's hospital, now within an attractive rose garden.
Herefordshire Churches Tourism Group
Herefordshire Churches Tourism Group is a network of some of the best churches and chapels in the county that have dominated the landscape and life of communities for more than a thousand years.