Ratings Made Easy
The Firs Elgar's birthplace
The birthplace of Sir Edward Elgar is most definitely home to ‘Land of Hope and Glory’. Set in sight of his beloved Malvern Hills, this small family home in the village of Lower Broadheath is the perfect environment for nurturing a creative genius. Perhaps by wandering around the garden over the cottage threshold a spark of inspiration may alight in our welcomed guests. Note: nearest toilet at visitor centre.
Eat,shop,stay: Brand new Tea-room with outdoor area within the Visitor Centre (near car park). Elgar memorabilia and music for sale within the Tea-room. Picnic spaces around the Visitor Centre.
Things to see and do: The Elgar Experience Exhibition, The Birthplace Cottage, Cottage garden and Visitor Centre.
Dogs: Assistance dogs welcome throughout the property. Other dogs are welcome on leads within the visitor centre (except the Tea-room) and the cottage garden, sorry not in birthplace cottage.
From the north or south via the M5, exit at Junc 7 and follow A44 Worcester South. Follow A4440 around the south of Worcester then A44 towards Bromyard, turn off right after 0.4 mile. Follow the brown signs for Elgar Birthplace. From the west follow A44 towards Worcester and turn left into Crown East Lane at the brown signs for Elgar Birthplace.
By Public Transport
Take the 420 from Crowngate Bus Station in Worcester. Alight at Crown East Lane and walk for app 15 mins to Elgar Birthplace. 420 Hereford to Worcester via Withington and Bromyard
The Firs Elgar's birthplace facilities include:
- Dogs restrictions
- In countryside
- Indoor event/attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Smoking not permitted
- Guided tours available for groups
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Picnic site
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Groups accepted
- Max group size
- Min group size
- Open outside normal opening times by appointment
- Pets accepted (other than service dogs)
- Special group rates
The Firs Elgar's birthplace accessibility includes:
- Ramp/level access
- Toilets for disabled visitors
- Service dogs permitted (eg guide dogs)
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage throughout attraction, eg colour contrast, large letters, pictograms
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Information available in large print
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
Contact - The Firs Elgar's birthplace
Nearby and Related Items
Malvern Theatres is one of the country's leading regional venues, delightfully situated in the shadow of the famous Malvern Hills. Hailed both locally and nationally as a model of artistic and architectural excellence, Malvern Theatres boasts one of the most diverse selection of plays, music, comedy, dance, film and education work to be found under a single roof anywhere in the country.