Ratings Made Easy
Hill Close Gardens
Bread and Meat Close
Tel : +44 01926 493339
Group of restored detached hedged gardens with delightful summerhouses overlooking Warwick racecourse used as a retreat by shopkeepers who lived above their businesses in the town during Victorian times. Large glasshouse and unusual varieties of trees, plants and vegetables.
Modern 'green' visitor centre to seat 60 with wind turbine, ground source heat pump and sedum roof. Light refreshments, gifts and plants for sale. Exhibitions and educational and cultural events throughout the year - Room / venue hire available.
Gardens open to visitors every day from April-October 11am-5pm. With our traditional tearoom open Sat, Sun and Bank holiday Mondays. Winter opening Nov-Mar Mon-Fri only 11am-4pm. Self service drinks / small snacks available. Plants and gifts for sale. Entry:Adult £4.00 Child £1. Includes the garden trail. RHS & HCGT members free.
Centre available for hire all year round for business, conference, educational, cultural and social events and exhibitions.
Fully equipped kitchen, projection facilities, wireless communication, plasma screen, display boards available.
Guided tours for groups available all year round on request. Tel 01926 493339.
Follow directions for Warwick racecourse, turn into Bread & Meat Close and we are past the flats entrance on your right with the racecourse on your left.
There is a pedestrian only access from the town centre off Bowling Green Street via the car park for the flats in Martinique Square.
There are bus stops in Friars Street and in Bowling Green Street
By Public Transport
Nearest station: Warwick
Hill Close Gardens facilities include:
- Dogs restrictions
- First aid facilities
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor event/attraction
- Guided tours available for groups
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Parking (free)
- Off site parking
- Groups accepted
- Min group size
- Special group rates
Hill Close Gardens accessibility includes:
- Contrast markings on glass doors and full-height windows
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point