Ratings Made Easy
Compton Verney Art Gallery & Park
Nr Stratford upon Avon
Tel : +44 01926 645500
Fax : +44 01926 645501
£16.00 - £30.00
£7.20 - £13.50
£8.00 - £15.00
Visitors of all ages are warmly welcomed to this award-winning and family-friendly art gallery and parkland.
The gallery is housed in a Grade I listed Georgian mansion remodelled by Robert Adam, surrounded by 120 acres of 'Capability' Brown landscaped parkland.
Explore over 2000 works of art from around the world including: paintings from the 'Golden Age' of Italian art (1600-1800), Germanic art from 1450-1650; British portraits featuring work by Sir Joshua Reynolds and a collection of Tudor portraits; one of Europe's finest collections of Chinese bronzes; the UK's largest collection of British Folk Art and the Marx-Lambert collection, featuring work by textile designer Enid Marx.
Discover an exciting changing programme of exhibitions, which, from 9 July 2016 , features two enthralling exhibitions, Britain in the Fifties: Design and Aspiration alongside BBC Faces of Comedy. In the Autumn see Picasso on Paper and a fantastic light display outside the gallery.
Enjoy a refreshing break in the licensed waitress service restaurant, a light bite from our cafe or enjoy a picnic and a stroll in our parkland or a visit to the children's playground.
There's also a programme of free daily tours, talks, adult workshops and family trails and activities.
Compton Verney is situated on the B4086 between Wellesbourne and Kineton.
From M40 take junction 12 and follow brown signs.
By Public Transport
By rail: Nearest stations are Leamington Spa, Banbury or Stratford upon Avon, approximately a 25 minute taxi ride from each.
By bus: From Wood Street Stratford-upon-Avon or Banbury bus station take the 269 call 0871 200 2233 for details. CitySightseeing Heart of Warwickshire bus service From Pen and Parchment Stratford-upon-Avon. Service runs every weekend throughout June and July, then daily from 24 July - 5 September. For details see www.city-sightseeing.com or call 01789 412680.
Compton Verney Art Gallery & Park facilities include:
- Dogs restrictions
- First aid facilities
- In countryside
- Indoor event/attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor event/attraction
- Smoking not permitted
- Guided tours available for groups
- Guided tours available for individuals
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Suitable for families
- Suitable for young children
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Group discounts available (min group size)
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Picnic site
- Car park over 5 minutes’ walk
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Approx length of visit
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Groups accepted
- Min group size
- Special group rates
- TIC staff admitted free
Compton Verney Art Gallery & Park accessibility includes:
- Audible alarm system
- Clear signage throughout attraction, eg colour contrast, large letters, pictograms
- Contrast markings on glass doors and full-height windows
- Designated parking within about 50 metres of main entrance
- Disability awareness training for all personnel
- Drop-off point for guests immediately outside main entrance
- Effective lighting throughout attraction for visually impaired visitors
- Flat route with no steps from parking area to entrance
- Good colour/tonal contrast throughout attraction, eg doors contrast with floor/walls
- Handrail by ramp
- Handrail by steps
- Hearing loop system available in appropriate areas, eg ticket counter
- Information available in braille
- Information available in large print
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet
- Level access, ramp or lift to a public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Level access, ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Level access, ramp or lift to gift shop
- Level access, ramp or lift to information point
- Level access, ramp or lift to restaurant
- Level access, ramp or lift to ticket issuing point
Contact - Compton Verney Art Gallery & Park
Nearby and Related Items
Charlecote Park has been the home of the Lucy family since the 15th century. The current house was extensively remodelled in the Victorian times by Mary Elizabeth Lucy and it is presented as it was when she was the mistress of the house.
Hatton Adventure World
A warm welcome awaits you at Hatton Adventure World. Located in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside visit our farmyard animals, enjoy the daily programme of shows and acres of adventure play. We've a changing programme of seasonal events so there is always something new to see or do. And if the sun decides to have some time off, our massive indoor play area ensures the kids are kept entertained whatever the weather.
Wellesbourne Market - Airfield
Wellesbourne market is one of the UK’s largest outdoor markets. Open every Saturday and Summer Bank Holiday Monday’s from 9am to 4pm. There is a vibrant atmosphere where you can wander around 500 stalls and find some real bargains. Quality is really important to us and we have a market office in the centre just for your feedback and comments. There is a vast variety of goods on sale for everyone, from clothes, gardening, toys, books, mobiles and food. A real family day out where you can pick up some bargains and enjoy some delicious food and drinks. We even have a blown up slide for the kids. We have plenty of free parking as we have up to 15,000 people attending every opening. Come to Wellesbourne market where there is something for everyone and be part of the banter with the traders and find a real bargain or two. Browse through our photo gallery and we look forward to seeing you at the market soon! 5 miles from Stratford upon Avon, Warwick or Leamington Spa. On the A429 and B4086. Opening Times 9am – 4pm Every Saturday & Summer Bank Holiday Monday’s The market site is situated 5 miles from Stratford/Warwick/Leamington on the A429 at Wellesbourne Airfield (Jnc 13/15 on the M40). We look forward to seeing you! Our Address 5 miles from Stratford upon Avon, Warwick or Leamington Spa. On the A429 and B4086. Post code: CV35 9EU Tel : 0788 325 8325 or 020 8950 9509 9am-4pm Every Saturday & Summer Bank Holiday Monday’s
Jephson Gardens and Mill Gardens
Jephson Gardens and Mill Gardens in the heart of Leamington have recently been extensively refurbished offering a great day out. They were voted ""Best Park in Britain 2004"", and have gained a Green Flag and Green Heritage Award.