- Animal-Centred Attraction (7)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (26)
- Breweries & Vineyards (1)
- Gardens of the Heart (11)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (44)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (23)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (5)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (9)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (3)
- Sightseeing & Transport (6)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (13)
- Theme Parks (4)
- Workplace (3)
Ratings Made Easy
Ironbridge & Shropshire Attractions
Designed by John Harris and Brian Griffiths, both renowned architects, this wonderfully picturesque course is challenging for all levers of golfer, featuring 6741 yards along tree-lined fairways, through open greens and over strategic water hazards. The course's signature hole is the 8th. This 382 yard par 4 starts with a drive which needs to be landed to perfection to miss the two fairway bunkers, and then negotiates a pond with a beautiful mature oak tree placed to make the approach shot that little bit more interesting.
A fun family day out is ensured at the ten Ironbridge Gorge Museums. Meet the Victorians at Blists Hill Victorian Town and visit their shops, homes and workplaces, enjoy traditional Fish and Chips and a ride on the Fairground. Join in hands-on activities at many of the museums.
The Boathouse is an iconic building nestling beside the beautiful mere at Ellesmere, Shropshire. The café opens from 8.30am serving our own freshly baked cakes & scones, fair trade coffee & tea, a perfect way to start your day. From 11.30 the main room opens for lunch, serving a selection of modern English & New World dishes created using local, free range produce, wherever feasible, but raw ingredients of the highest quality is a pre-requestite. Whatever the weather the view here from the extensive windows overlooking the Mere, is stunning. If the weather permits we have further seating on both our decked area and down alongside the water. We offer an a la carte dining on Friday & Saturday evenings but booking is suggested.