- Animal-Centred Attraction (38)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (170)
- Breweries & Vineyards (11)
- Gardens of the Heart (93)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (165)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (172)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (68)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (52)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (14)
- Sightseeing & Transport (49)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (85)
- Theme Parks (37)
- Workplace (12)
Ratings Made Easy
Murder, grave robbing and insanity are all part of the story of this fascinating and unique building - the Manor House has seen it all. Built by Richard de Marnham in the 1270s, The Manor House is now probably one of the most important surviving medieval timber framed buildings in the Midlands and the most recent building to become part of Sandwell Museum Service. The construction of its great hall is thought to be the earliest of this type of construction in the country. The Museum had been a public house since the 1960s and when it first opened was an extremely prestigious venue, where footballers and VIPs would dine. The building is now back in the guardianship of Sandwell Council and looked after by Sandwell Museum Service. We are slowly turning the building into a heritage visitor attraction and for use for a variety of community projects and activities so new activities are happening all the time.
A unique opportunity to walk through the beautiful Churnet Valley and then indulge in high quality homemade food.
THE OLYMPIC TORCH IS COMING TO TAMWORTH - 30 JUNE 2012 Tamworth has a unique place in the historical landscape of the UK as the Ancient Capital of the Kingdom of Mercia. Today it offers visitors the opportunity to discover this rich past, as well as enjoy the attractions of a thriving and busy town set in the beautiful county of Staffordshire.