- Animal-Centred Attraction (14)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (34)
- Breweries & Vineyards (2)
- Gardens of the Heart (25)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (30)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (35)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (15)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (17)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (4)
- Sightseeing & Transport (7)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (10)
- Theme Parks (15)
- Workplace (4)
Ratings Made Easy
The National Memorial Arboretum is the UK’s year-round centre of Remembrance; a spiritually uplifting place with 150 acres of trees and memorials, planted as a living tribute to those who have served, died or suffered in the service of their Country. Facilities include: Visitor Centre, guided tours, shop and café.
The Minster Church of St Peter ad Vincula is of Anglo-Saxon origins, and was probably founded about the time the Saxon Hoard was buried. In the grounds the base of the carved stone cross can still be seen which marked this site as a 'Stoke' - a 'Holy Place'. There are links with the industrial heritage of city and memorials to Wedgwood, Spode and other famous potters can be found in the church. The cross, from the Czech Republic, was given by the family of Sir Stanley Matthew after his funeral here in 2000.