- Animal-Centred Attraction (15)
- Entertainment Venue, Theatres & Restaurants (35)
- Breweries & Vineyards (2)
- Gardens of the Heart (25)
- Historic Houses, Churches & Castles (30)
- Museum/Heritage/Visitor Centre (36)
- Country Parks, Nature Reserves, Trails & Canals (15)
- Shopping & Factory Outlets (18)
- Science, Industrial & Eco Attractions (4)
- Sightseeing & Transport (7)
- Activities inc. Golf, Racecourses & Leisure (10)
- Theme Parks (15)
- Workplace (5)
Ratings Made Easy
The Minster Church of St Peter ad Vincula is of Anglo-Saxon origins, and was probably founded about the time the Saxon Hoard was buried. In the grounds the base of the carved stone cross can still be seen which marked this site as a 'Stoke' - a 'Holy Place'. There are links with the industrial heritage of city and memorials to Wedgwood, Spode and other famous potters can be found in the church. The cross, from the Czech Republic, was given by the family of Sir Stanley Matthew after his funeral here in 2000.
Sugnall walled kitchen garden makes its own jams, chutneys, soup, etc. Several venues for events and facilities for groups and school parties. Offers snowdrop walks in February, bluebell walks in May, and Easter to end September access to the garden (£2). Access to tea room, shop, and plant sales is free. Monthly Farmers Markets on the second Sunday. www.sugnall.co.uk.